MAC Counter visit

faint___heart

Hi everyone :]
Tommorow I'm going to be heading out to the mall and the MAC counter. I've visited before but never bought anything.
I own a few sample jars of pigment and a Wonderstruck Lustreglass, but that's it. Is there anything out right now that I should most def. get? I am on a budget, so I can't exactly afford to go all out.
My skin is generally pretty clear, and I don't need foundation, but what about concealers? I do have some blemishes here and there, and I have oily sensitive skin.
I'm pretty pale with green eyes and dark brown/auburn ish hair.
Thank you for your help :]

stellarx1587

I would definately check out the new concealer palettes. They're awesome! Also, the Studio Fix Powder is a nice thing to have on the lazy days. I think Peaches blush is a nice universally flattering color. It gives a nice healthy flush. Spice is a good lipliner that goes with pretty much everything. I'd also check out Fix +. Fix + is a really nice skin refresher for before and after you apply your makeup. Any of the Prep + Prime collection is nice to have.

prinzessin784

Check out some staple eyeshadows like Shroom, Naked Lunch, Phloof! and Nylon. Those four make a great neutral/highlighting quad!

faint___heart

Ooo thanks guys :] I was thinking about the concealer palettes, they look really nice. And I keep looking at the Fix +, and that sounds really nice to have :]

Fairybelle

Can't forget to mention:
Bare Canvas Paint (fantastic eyecolor base)
Viva Glam VI (l/s and l/g)--hey, can't forget a Viva Glam shade!!
Subculture l/l
and Fibre Rich Mascara
(the other recs mentioned above are right on the money too, especially Fix + and Spice l/l)
Good luck, and have fun!!

jenii

I don't care for MAC concealers, personally. I think their real strengths are in their color products. Get a few good e/s shades. One I use frequently as a highlighter or just to blend is Brule. But, if you want it shimmery, go for Shroom. Also, with your eye color, Beautiful Iris would be a great shade, so maybe check that out.

Definitely get a Powerpoint eyeliner. Those are really great. My favorite color is Buried Treasure (which is very dark brown, with gold shimmer). It goes with pretty much everything, and it's not as harsh as black eyeliner.

For an e/s base, I'd suggest Bare Canvas Paint. They're gonna try to upsell, of course, and tell you that you need the 242 brush or something, but you honestly don't. I use my finger to apply a small amount of paint, and it works just fine.

ETA: Best way to do Bare Canvas with the fingers is to put a tiny, tiny dot of it on the back of your hand, and then pick up some paint with your finger from there. Your body heat will warm the paint, and it'll be much easier to apply. HTH.

faint___heart

Thanks for your help everyone :] I ended up getting Woodwinked e/s :] I'm so excited, I think I have a MAC addiction!
I almost bought Trax too, but I realized that I'm so plae that it would look like I'm bruised! Ack, such a pretty color, just not on me.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by faint___heart
Thanks for your help everyone :] I ended up getting Woodwinked e/s :] I'm so excited, I think I have a MAC addiction!
I almost bought Trax too, but I realized that I'm so plae that it would look like I'm bruised! Ack, such a pretty color, just not on me.

Fabulous choice (it's my favorite shadow...and you can do so much with it!!)

Fairybelle

Do a search on Trax e/s on this site and folks here have recommended some great combos with it. Remember, if you can't get a color to work for you, work with the color...it might take some other colors to blend with it, but you may end up getting something even better in the experimental process of mixing and matching. Have fun!!