MAC Discount at Nordstrom MAC Counter

Covalan33

hi ladies i just got hired at my local MAC counter through Nordstroms and since i know free standing mac stores and department owned ones kind of run differently, i was wondering if we still get the employee discount that MAC free standing stores do?
th_dunno.gif
And does anyone know what the percentage is that you get off the products? i heard it was 60%???
mac_addict.gif

iShadow

I don't think you get that much off... but you do get the products from the new collections gratis if you're a MA there.

mindlessgapgirl

from what i remember when my friend worked at mac at the bay (in canada) it was 60% off but you had to purchase at a store or by phone. no discounts were given in a department store

II3rinII

when you work in a dept store you still get your 60% dis. but you have to purchase it from a freestanding store, if you dont have a store near you i believe you can order by phone (i started in a dept store, but we have a store, so i didnt have to worry about phone orders, i now work at that store). you can however get your nordies discount (its not as much though, our belk dis. was only 20%). you are also not eligible for your full discount until you recieve your card, which can take over 2 months (i didnt get mine till 8 mths). until you are "in the system" you can only get the estee lauder emp dis which is 30%. make sence?

chickatthegym

No way! You get all the new products free?!? Everything from the collection? Wow I might have to start a part time gig at MAC LOL...At the group home I work at, I end up spending everything I make on MAC so I would prob save money working there and not having to spend $ on the new collections!

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
No way! You get all the new products free?!? Everything from the collection? Wow I might have to start a part time gig at MAC LOL...At the group home I work at, I end up spending everything I make on MAC so I would prob save money working there and not having to spend $ on the new collections!

*someone correct me*
Buttt... I dont think you get the WHOLE collection gratis. I think its closer to 1/3-1/2 (i.e if there are two e/s palettes, you'll get one gratis, two n/p you'll get one gratis, etc)

II3rinII

you get a "look" from each collection. usually a lipstick, lipglass, 1 or 2 shadows and then maybe a beauty powder or bronzer (whatever is being released with said collection). its predetermined as far as colors go, everything else you have to buy. as a new hire you will get your "new hire EMS" (which does not stand for emergency makeup supplies as i inetionally thought hahaha, but actually stands for employee makeup supplies) its like a starter kit of some skincare and a few staple peices to insure you are wearing the product to work and are familarizing yourself with it. every 6 months you will get to order more EMS. this will all be explained to you though, probably before you start basic.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
you get a "look" from each collection. usually a lipstick, lipglass, 1 or 2 shadows and then maybe a beauty powder or bronzer (whatever is being released with said collection). its predetermined as far as colors go, everything else you have to buy. as a new hire you will get your "new hire EMS" (which does not stand for emergency makeup supplies as i inetionally thought hahaha, but actually stands for employee makeup supplies) its like a starter kit of some skincare and a few staple peices to insure you are wearing the product to work and are familarizing yourself with it. every 6 months you will get to order more EMS. this will all be explained to you though, probably before you start basic.

Boo! I don't think I ever got new hire EMS. But my manager was so cool, and I got a bunch of stuff from the last 3 collections and random stuff from barbie and fafi which were waay old at the time! hehe I liked pro gratis. I miss it
cry.gif

Welcome to the MAC family by the way to the OP.
smiles.gif

Covalan33

thanks guys for letting me now.. i start basic next week and have just been doing nordstrom training so im not that in depth with all the mac info. but you guys helped a lot thanks again!!