Mac Essentials for a noobie?

Havenly

Hi,
I am not completly unfamiliar with Mac, I started buying it four years ago, but only a couple lipglasses and shadows here and there. Only recently did I start really wanting Mac over other brands, so I am wondering- to start a great collection, what should I get? What are the staples that any Mac fan should have? Lipsticks, shadows, blushes, foundation, anything.
Thanks
smiles.gif

baby_love

Lipsticks, shadows, blushes, foundation

well, for lipsticks, I like the color Rebelrose, but it's LE, I also like Bombshell, I think they still have this. for lipgloss, well, I don't own it yet, but Spring Bean lusturglass, it neutrelizes the colors of the lips and it's awesome! I have Dewey Jube lipgelee but they come off sort of easily.

for shadows, I think you need one of each color. one blue, I'd say Aquadisiac, or Jewel blue (or electric eel, I think jewel blue and electric eel look reallllly similar) for a yellow, Chrome Yellow. seriously, it's just the best yellow, I have Goldenrod, I used to have exciteable yellow, then I had canary yellow, and chrome yellow is the best. best pink is probably Sushi Flower and Hepcat is a good pink/purple. I hear Parfait Amour is a good purple. I like Purple Haze. I say for your main green, if you want a dark green I say velvet moss, for a bright one, I say bitter or lime. if you like doing a smokey thing, I suggest Black Tied, Carbon, Nighttrain (le), Plumage. Velvet moss also is a good for a smokey eye.

I use Mocha blush, it's the only one that doesn't look effin rediculous on me, so I can't really help you with those, because I only have one.

I like moisturblend foundation, it's very smooth.

foreveratorifan

what kind of color for blushes do you like?

i think that for peach, pinch o peach or blushbaby, for pink dollymix....

eyeshadows:
shroom
phloof
mulch
trax
sketch
swimming
juxt
contrast
Sushi Flower
Mythology
and try their Veluxe Pearls...i LOVE them the most....

for eyepencils i prefer their Powerpoints...they are great for lining the inner lids...and have great colors too...but if you prefer softer, smudgier liner...then the Kohls are the bomb!

glosses:
Opal - lustreglass...soooo pretty
Viva Glam V--looks great on everyone! and i recommened the lipstick!
I'm a lipglass WHORE, so pretty much i love all the lipglosses...do you have a preference of shades?

fairytale22

Brushes I have found are ESSENTIAL.
greengrin.gif
And then eyeshadow, and then paints/shadesticks/bases, and then liners.
greengrin.gif

Havenly

Thanks for the recs. I have some good ideas now.

As for colors I like, I love pink, and I look best in cool shades. I love anything shimmery for eyes.
smiles.gif

foreveratorifan

then everything I listed would work GREAT (Sushi Flower is matte, but fantastic! check it out!)....you may want to skip Mythology...though I prefer cools too...its a nice shimmery, goldish/bronze..light to medium color.

and then for blushes...dollymix for sure
smiles.gif
it LOOKS ubber bright, but honestly it goes on sheer and I often I use two applications of it...for it to show and i'm an NW15

and if you like cremeblushes (which you should, they are the BOMB) try Ladyblush and Lilicent

they are GREAT!!
smiles.gif