Mac eyeshadow brush?

ColourMyDreams

Looking to treat myself to one must have eyeshadow brush from Mac. I already have some basic brushes from another company (for blending, lash line, defining) but would like to try a versatile one out from Mac, or one that is simply superior and either add it to my brush collection or replace one of the lesser quality ones.

There are just so many that I don't know which to pick as its near impossible to try them all, though I would love to
lol.gif

One that I already do have is the 213.

bellaetoile

the 239 or 272. or if you want a blending brush, the 217 or the 224.

edit: apparently i was on crack when i typed that originally. fixed wrong brush number, sorry guys.

ColourMyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
the 239 or 272. or if you want a blending brush, the 272 or the 224.

Whats the major difference between the 239 and 272 as far as use and/or application are concerned?

Thanks

user79

I bought my first MAC eyeshadow brush a few weeks ago and got the 272. I am sooo happy with it, I use it for almost everything! Packing on colour, outer V, lower lashline, crease...Another really nice one is the 222 which is good for creasework and definition.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColourMyDreams
Whats the major difference between the 239 and 272 as far as use and/or application are concerned?

Thanks

to begin with, i typed that wrong the first time. the 239 and 272 and similar brushes, in my opinion, however the 272 is angled, and the 239 has a flatter, round tip. both are excellent all around brushes, though i guess i'd get the 272, if i could only have one. the angled brush shape makes it easy to do detailed work, but can also pack on color, blend, and do crease work.

as i mistakenly said in my previous post, the 217 is a great one for blending, as is the 224.

ColourMyDreams

Okay so now I'm thinking I've narrowed it down to the following:

Mac 239 or Mac 272
...and
Mac 217

But, will any of these end up overlapping as far as their purpose is concerned???

Specifically if I opt to get the 272 over the 239, will the 217 be a waste of a brush for me since I'm on limited budget for a bit...or would it just be best to get the 239 and the 217 off the get go as the two of them will serve more use overall...
icon_eek.gif
I think I've made this all clear as mud
lol.gif

GreekChick

Honestly, the best brush from MAC in my opinion, for major crease work and for blendig is the 222! Much firmer than the 224, and it deposits WAYYYY more color, I personnally find the 224 too soft for the crease and doesnt apply any color! I do love to use my 224 for highlighting under the browbone, and the cheekbones with the MSF's!

ColourMyDreams

Thanks All for the help!

I'm definitely going to look into either the 239 or 272 (I'm figuring by handling them and looking at them it'll help my pick)

And if I still need a blending brush then maybe the 217, though some have mentioned the 272 can do this.

Hope this sounds about right.

Thanks
smiles.gif

Latest posts