MAC face and body foundation?

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
what are the pros and cons? blendability? colors? coverage? good for dry skin?

TIA!

Pros: Fairly waterproof, buildable coverage, good for fairly decent skin. Colors work a bit differently than others because they're essentially supposed to be mixed. They come in c's, and n's.
Good for dry skin... erm... tough to blend on dry skin. The dry skin tends to suck it in.
Cons. A bitch to get off, and once it sort of "sets in" it's kind of unmovable and rubbery. But. I prefer f&b to all of MAC's liquid foundations.

ebonyannette

I absolutely LOVE Face & Body! I dont know why it doesnt get more play on the board. It looks really natural, but still covers my dark spots. I wear N12 its a perfect match for me.

maxcat

Quote:
so i LOVE the N3 shade in studio fix powder, would i get N3 in f&b too?

Maybe... hard to say until you get it on. StudioFix is notorious for not "working" like other foundations because it's properties and reactivity with light are wonky.
Are you near an industry store that you can give it a go? Or do you need to order it?

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Maybe... hard to say until you get it on. StudioFix is notorious for not "working" like other foundations because it's properties and reactivity with light are wonky.
Are you near an industry store that you can give it a go? Or do you need to order it?

ill either need to order it or get a cp... its temporarily out of stock online, but i guess i could always call the pro # but then if it didnt match i would be crap out of luck!!!

maxcat

Ergh. But I'm pretty sure the online store exchanges.. so the N3 would be a good guesstimate to start. Have you ever used any of MAC's liquid foundations? That could help someone online cross-reference you.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Ergh. But I'm pretty sure the online store exchanges.. so the N3 would be a good guesstimate to start. Have you ever used any of MAC's liquid foundations? That could help someone online cross-reference you.

hyper real, but it was ehhhh... studio tech, but thats creme, and eh, again... select spf, once again ugh... but i dont wanna lose hope here! lol!!! i think i might go ahead and order it, i think they do exchanges or give you credit... so either way, id be ok with that! thanks for the help btw!
clap.gif

little teaser

face&body is awsome its my favorite mac foundation it gives you a very natural look, its also dewy
it looks great in photos

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
face&body is awsome its my favorite mac foundation it gives you a very natural look, its also dewy
it looks great in photos

im pretty dry, so dewy is good... but is it glowy? i wouldn't want to overdo it if i used it with an msf! lol

martygreene

It spoils VERY quickly, and if you need to lighten the shade they only offer a pure-white shade for this, and it becomes very muddy/ashy and cakey looking when lightened in this manner. Likewise the darker shades tend to look off and pasty. If you want something light, buildable, natural, blendable, waterproof, etc. I'd suggest MUFE's face and body.

With any foundation, on dry skin I strongly suggest a good skin-prep and skincare routine. This will help your foundation wear better and look much better.

little teaser

Quote:
im pretty dry, so dewy is good... but is it glowy? i wouldn't want to overdo it if i used it with an msf! lol

no it isnt glowy but you will have to use some powder to set so its not too dewy, its nothing like hyper real as far as "glowy" was that what you were thinking it was like