MAC face products

xSaLee

My dermatologist told me that MAC is made only to be worn for like 3 hours or less (show make up basically) and that for an average woman it is not smart to wear their foundations and powders and blushes on a every day basis. well i was devastated when i heard this bc i love all my mac prodcuts... is there any truth in this though? bc i know doctors are human too...

erine1881

there is no truth to that at all. not one bit. the stuff at counters and stores can be worn all day, everyday.

maybe some of the pro products like the chromacakes or paint sticks. can't say for sure cause i don't work at a pro store, just a counter.

ledonatella

I think in the beginning of the company it was more stage makeup and alot of Pro products are still made that way, however the bulk of the regular foundations, etc. are formulated for everyday use. It would be not very business savvy of them to make everything for stage/pro use only, everyone would be looking like they have major drag queen makeup on (which is cool for that purpose but not the grocery store ya know...) and it probably would not sell very well to the general population. Probably when your doctor was learning about the different cosmetic lines she was taught a few basic older line products and hasen't been updated on formulas, etc. since then. Sometimes doctors are very narrow minded and remember that also are partners with different skin care lines that they sell in their office as well, and will usually try to steer you towards that instead (not that yours did).

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
Sometimes doctors are very narrow minded and remember that also are partners with different skin care lines that they sell in their office as well, and will usually try to steer you towards that instead (not that yours did).

As someone who used to work for a dematologist - I can attest that this is VEY true.

GreekChick

I have been wearing Studio Fix for 10 years straight and I can tell you without a doubt that, contrary to what the myths say, I haven't become a cancerous mutant. And the "mercury" that MAC lipsticks are supposed to contain (so ridiculous) haven't killed me yet.

pokiedot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaLee
My dermatologist told me that MAC is made only to be worn for like 3 hours or less (show make up basically) and that for an average woman it is not smart to wear their foundations and powders and blushes on a every day basis. well i was devastated when i heard this bc i love all my mac prodcuts... is there any truth in this though? bc i know doctors are human too...

Well honestly, if it was true, would it matter?
winks.gif
I'd be happy to shave a few days off the end of my life to be able to look good the rest of the time.

Sounds like he was trying to sell you a mineral makeup line.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I have been wearing Studio Fix for 10 years straight and I can tell you without a doubt that, contrary to what the myths say, I haven't become a cancerous mutant. And the "mercury" that MAC lipsticks are supposed to contain (so ridiculous) haven't killed me yet.

xD I know it's not what you meant, and it's sorta off topic, but when I read that, I thought that you meant there were rumors about you being a concerous monster, not that the products do it to anyone. Hahaha, I'm glad you're still alive and healthy (and a human)!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiedot
...I'd be happy to shave a few days off the end of my life to be able to look good the rest of the time....

If makeup is the end of me, please put that /\ on my headstone.
lol.gif