MAC Fake Pigment Comparison - Shimmertime and Sweet Sienna Vs. Dark Soul

Mui

I'm sort of new here on Specktra.net and I usually hang around the Counterfeit MAC section on the forums.

When I first got into pigments, I religiously read the guides on how to identify fake/counterfeit pigments. I would first off like to thank the lovely ladies that took time out of their day to create the guides for all of us because it really does take a lot of effort.

Recently I bought several pigments from a girl (not through Ebay) and I happened to recieve a fake pigment (a.k.a. Dark Soul pigment) and because I was inspired by the guides created before, I decided to do one as well.
Just to be helpful to the Specktra community and to return the favour to those who helped me.
smiles.gif

Edit: I just wanted to add that this is what I learned and have picked up but there is a possibility that I can be wrong. I won't say I am 100% correct but this is what I seem to have found.

Also not all pigments are going to have the little booklet on the back of the boxes. I specifically chose Shimmertime pigment because it did have the booklet and I wanted to do a comparison of the booklet.

Enjoy!

The guide involves the following pigments:
Shimmertime pigment - Batch code: A16
Sweet Sienna pigment - Batch code: A67
Dark Soul pigment - Batch code: A66

Also I accidentally forgot the comparison of the fonts on the front of the pigment jars so I'll have to add that in once I find my camera cord. I'll add swatch comparisons after I get my real Dark Soul pigment.

comparisonpic1.jpg

comparisonpic2.jpg

comparisonpic3.jpg

comparisonpic4.jpg

comparisonpic5.jpg

comparisonpic6.jpg

comparisonpic7.jpg

comparisonpic8.jpg

comparisonpic9.jpg

comparisonpic10.jpg

Sojourner

The only thing that was obvious to me in that comparison is the sticker on the top. I don't think I could tell the rest for myself, it's too confusing and frustrating to work out what's real and what's not
ssad.gif

TheCollector

I am confused by your first picture, showing the top of the authentic shimmertime box. Isn't the location of the sticker wrong?? I am sooo confused...

Mui

No, the sticker isn't in the wrong place.
I have many real MAC pigments, and they aren't always in the same spot. The stickers are usually around the upper right area of the box top.

In my picture - I clearly state the difference in materials of the sticker itself.