MAC Lashes??

Which are the best Lashes you would recommend?? I have NEVER used fake lashes before..I want something natural but very noticable..and also is it nessesary to get MAC glue..or will any glue work good? Because 8.50 for the glue is almost as much as the lashes themselves lol thanx

giz2000

The glue sold at MAC is Duo...you can get it at most drugstores or beauty supplies for more or less the same price (I've seen it for $6.00 at Walgreens).

If you've never worn lashes, go to Sally's or CVS and get inexpensive lashes so you can learn to put them on and get used to the way they feel....
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
......If you've never worn lashes, go to Sally's or CVS and get inexpensive lashes so you can learn to put them on and get used to the way they feel....
smiles.gif

Agreed. It really takes a few tries to get used to applying them at first, so practice on the cheapy ones. I recommend going to the MAC counter and having a MA apply them and talk you through the process. That way you can see what they feel like when they are applied properly and learn all the little tricks. I use tweezers to hold the lashes when I put them on, rather than my fingers. For me, it is just easier to maneuver.

As far as lashes. #7s are pretty natural. I personally love the #20 lashes. They are only half lashes (the outer half) and they look the most natural, IMO.

Hope that helps!
smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
want something natural but very noticable

Ardell individual flares. Cheap, cheerful, fabulous to use.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara

Totally agree...I love these lashes...just make sure you buy the right lash glue (the semi-permanent, individual lash one) or you'll have them fall out right after you put them on...like mine did!!
rofl.gif

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara

I third this one! They're great! You can get at any drugstore for pretty cheap. I like the Medium Black Flare. If you put them just on the end of your natural lashes, like toward the outer eye, it looks natural but dramatic. i just use tweezers and gently set them along the lash line toward the outer corner. Hope that makes sense! Good luck!

Naffy

I'm planning on wearing fake eyelashes at prom, and I was just wondering when going into MAC for the make over whether I should get them or not because I don't want them falling off when I'm dancing.
And how long and how well do they stay on because I'm planning on going to an after party for a while?

Thanks in advance for answering this.
smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffy
I'm planning on wearing fake eyelashes at prom, and I was just wondering when going into MAC for the make over whether I should get them or not because I don't want them falling off when I'm dancing.
And how long and how well do they stay on because I'm planning on going to an after party for a while?

Thanks in advance for answering this.
smiles.gif

It really depends on how much you sweat, how oily the skin around your eye is and if you cry or not. There's an inverse reaction between how much moisture you create to how long strip lashes stay put.

I don't do strip lashes on brides or bridesmaids for that reason - too weepy, their lashes will lift halfway through the reception and no one will be able to put them back on properly (provided that they haven't paid for me to stay all day and night to do touch-ups). I prefer individuals because they wear longer, and should a lash start to come loose all they have to do is tug at it and it's gone, as opposed to an entire strip dangling from the corner of their eye.
smiles.gif

Latest posts