MAC Lustre Eye Shadows

sgilb101578

I had terrible luck with 2 Lustres - Botanical and Filament - they had no color payoff and left glitter all over my face. But Gleam, Honesty, Honey Lust, and Mythology look so pretty in the pan - should I take the plunge and risk trying them?

eowyn797

i have Honey Lust and it has the same problem for me that those other two had for you...i also have the same problem with Light Ray and Romantique.

on the other hand, i adore to tiny bits my Swimming, which is also a Lustre...

best bet is to go to the store and swatch and see what works.

sel00187

i tried to do a look from a tutorial on here with Phloof! and Gleam, Phloof! goes on great for me, but i cant get Gleam to stick on top of it
ssad.gif

kare31

I dont care for the lustres, but applying them with a stiff brush like the 242 or 252 and tapping the shadow on the lid, rather than sweeping, keeps the glitter from going everywhere.

ebonyannette

I have Mythology, I think its o.k. I spray the brush with Fix+ and it seems to go one fine. It depends on what look your going for, overall I think I enjoy Frosts the most.

Ambi

You should use a "sticky" base, something like a shadestick or a cream color base, it makes a huge difference with lustres :]

JediFarfy

I use Gleam a ton and Mythology now and then. I looove Lustres. I always use a base though, usually a Prep + Prime or shadestick, and put them on with either 217 or 242. I'm an NW15, though, so everything shows up.
smiles.gif

JF

choseck

like stated above I use a sticky base, mainly CCBs and I always use the 213 brush, it seems to have the best color payoff. Then I just pack it on. Mythology, Swimming and a couple others that I can't recall off the top of my head definitely work better than say Idol Eyes and Filament like was stated previously.

~LadyLocks~

HAHA I just posted a similar question in the MAC Chat forum. Check it out for more ideas...there's some really great tips in there!

I have two Lustre's...Mythology and Honey Lust. With Mythology, I find it the easiest to apply out of the two. I first use a paint as a base since my eye lids are oily, then I apply ccb on top but just on my eye lids. Then I pack on the color using a patting technique. Yesterday I tired this with Mythology and it worked very well. If your going to buy any more Lustre's, I would suggest this one if any. Mythology is such a beautiful color!!

Now with the Honey Lust...this one is definitly harder to apply. Like you said...no color payoff and glitter all over UGH! Some people suggested slightly wetting the brush and then packing on the color using the "patting" technique. I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how it works cause I hate to give up on Honey Lust just yet. Also, to avoid getting the glitter all under my eyes when applying, (even though it eventually will) I use excess loose powder under my eyes to catch all the glitter that falls off and then brush it off using a flicking motion. I find this a very handy tip.
thmbup.gif

Hope this helps...

XsheXscreamsX

i lreally like mythology,it has good color payoff and doesnt seen to fall as badly (probably becuase i dont have to apply as much) and gleam is ok. I really dont like lustres, but my favorite is goldbit. If you can find it, its great.

liquidsirenhoney

i really love lusters, i may be one of the only ones, but swimming and aquadisiac are wonderfull, but i ussually pat them on , but i do this with all my lusters, it defnitely will help with the glitter fall out.

Latest posts