MAC N Color Collection discussion

aziajs

You know, this collection is kind of whatever in person because it contains colors I wouldn't use together. However, when you look at the collection as individual pieces that you can add to existing looks you create or as pieces to add to your collection it really is pretty great. I found several colors that I felt I had been missing or looking for. For example, when I do my makeup I always think, "I need a color like _____" or "man, this would look great if I had a color that was a little like this and I could put it here." I think this collections fills in a lot of voids and blanks.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
I got my Neutral Pink e/s in the mail the other day and IMO it is a dead ringer for Nobility in the Royal Assets Warm Eyes Palette. Okay, there might be a very slight difference, but it's close enough that if you want to save the $ for a different color you could. I wish I had. In fact, several of the e/s shades in the N Collection, which I love by the way, seem similar to the shades in the Royal Assets Warm and Smoked Eye Shadow Palettes. I've just ordered Modest Tone and hope it isn't too similar to Seedling from Strange Hybrid.

I'm also wondering about:

Nanogold - Maid of Honor (first 3 from Cool Eyes Palette)
Rich Flesh - Majestic
Remotely Grey - Palatiial
Dark Edge - Showstopper (from Warm Eyes Palette)

I took this at night with a flash, but if you need better light, I can reshoot in the daylight.

You don't have to worry about Modest Tone and Seedling, as you can see, they are very different. Seedling is very taupe in comparison.

Dark Edge and Showstopper are different enough, since Dark Edge is warmer and browner.

I didn't even think about Nobility in the Royal Assets Warm Eyes, but you're right, they are similar, although I prefer Neutral Pink at the moment, since I like the pinkier tone.

I thought I could find something close to Sunday Best, since you menioned Royal Assets Warm Eyes, but I don't have anything similar, so ignore it.
lol.gif

Click:

glamdoll

I got nano gold e/s, the 2 msfs and the pinkish colored one!! aaah forgot the name. I bought the 187 brush, I know its not new, just promoting it, but so far Im liking it better and better..

CantAffordMAC

I got the 1N and 3N lipsticks today. God, they're perfect. Its hard to tell what will be right for you just by someone's description. Everyone on here says how much gold is in 1N...but once its on me its not like a metallic gold with sparkle, its just a gorgeous nude. I also tried on 4N lipstick (which I wanted, just had to budget) and 1N lipglass.

I think I'm going to buy the warmed MSF, and maybe 3N lipglass, 4N lipstick, and I didn't even try the 2N lipstick. I feel like I'd be safe buying any of the colors though, because they seem to go with any skintone.

GlamYOURUs

Okay went back a 3rd time and bought N2 l/g and Neutral Pink e/s with Satin Taupe e/s and Angel l/s as well. haha Oh boy my wallet will have a hole in it soon. :\

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie
Question is...how long do you think I could keep my extra stash? I didn't want it expiring before I get to it.

Can anyone answer this question?? I'm thinking of maybe buying extras and I don't want them to expire before I use them.

Another question: when I was at MAC, he put 1N lipglass over 1N lipstick, 4N lipstick, and 3N lipstick. I know that you don't have to wear 1N l/s with 1N l/g, or 2N l/s with 2N l/g, but I was looking to get a gloss to go over my 3N lipstick. Should I by the 3N gloss (looks a little dark) or should i get the 2N gloss (more pinky)? I like the 1N gloss but I think when its worn over the 3N lipstick it takes the pink away.

user68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Another question: when I was at MAC, he put 1N lipglass over 1N lipstick, 4N lipstick, and 3N lipstick. I know that you don't have to wear 1N l/s with 1N l/g, or 2N l/s with 2N l/g, but I was looking to get a gloss to go over my 3N lipstick. Should I by the 3N gloss (looks a little dark) or should i get the 2N gloss (more pinky)? I like the 1N gloss but I think when its worn over the 3N lipstick it takes the pink away.

I would say 2N l/g with 3N l/s - That's the combo I intend on getting when the collection gets released here. The other lipglasses look slightly darker/brownish according to all the swatched posted.

Winthrop44

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrinalia
I would say 2N l/g with 3N l/s - That's the combo I intend on getting when the collection gets released here. The other lipglasses look slightly darker/brownish according to all the swatched posted.

I agree....alot of the looks I've seen posted combine 2N l/g with 3N l/s

rbella

Unfortunately I am with the minority on nanogold. I really did not like the way this looked on. I think that the pink undertones (although I know it works well with neutral pink) are what annoy me. I was hoping mine would me more of a shimmery light gold and less of a shimmery goldish/pink. Oh well, I still love my light flush and 3N!!

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Can anyone answer this question?? I'm thinking of maybe buying extras and I don't want them to expire before I use them.

It can last for a really long time if stored well. Lipglasses and lipsticks can be fine for a few years after opening. Before opening, even if not opened for a long time, they shouldn't go bad.

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
I got my Neutral Pink e/s in the mail the other day and IMO it is a dead ringer for Nobility in the Royal Assets Warm Eyes Palette. Okay, there might be a very slight difference, but it's close enough that if you want to save the $ for a different color you could. I wish I had. In fact, several of the e/s shades in the N Collection, which I love by the way, seem similar to the shades in the Royal Assets Warm and Smoked Eye Shadow Palettes. I've just ordered Modest Tone and hope it isn't too similar to Seedling from Strange Hybrid.

I'm also wondering about:

Nanogold - Maid of Honor (first 3 from Cool Eyes Palette)
Rich Flesh - Majestic
Remotely Grey - Palatiial
Dark Edge - Showstopper (from Warm Eyes Palette)

I also got the 2N l/s. It's very pretty and I don't have anything quite like it. I like to wear Out for Fun l/g over it for some sparkle.

I've got Neutral Pink and Nobility and don't think they are similar at all..at least on me. I don't think Nanogold looks like anything else Mac has released however Dark Edge is exactly like Showstopper.

Meryl

Quote:

Makeup can last a really long time, especially if left untouched in its box. I have opened shadows that were saved for a few years and they are always fine. Lipsticks are usually fine as well.

If it smells or the texture/consistency has changed, then throw it away... but I rarely have to do that. Only my opened and used foundations don't last.

greatscott2000

I showed some restraint and bought Light Flush. I love it! I'm NW 45 and with a tinted moisturizer it gave a great glow on the cheeks.
As for the lippies, I think 4N l/s was pretty close to Instinctive l/s so I passed.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I showed some restraint and bought Light Flush. I love it! I'm NW 45 and with a tinted moisturizer it gave a great glow on the cheeks.
As for the lippies, I think 4N l/s was pretty close to Instinctive l/s so I passed.

I'm looking to buy one of the MSF's but I'm not sure which one. I was going to get Warmed. I don't plan on using light flush as a blush, or warmed as a bronzer. I just want a glowing highlighter. NC42...any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have 2N lipstick that they can describe? This is the only one I didn't try. So I want some descriptions on 2N so I can buy it online

lovely333

Can anyone help? I really want to try the natural msf in dark but I hear it is too red any suggestions I am a nc50. Thanks

Meryl

Quote:
Also, does anyone have 2N lipstick that they can describe? This is the only one I didn't try. So I want some descriptions on 2N so I can buy it online

2N is a bit of a cross between Plink! and Pretty Please. It's warmer than Pretty Please and not as pink as Plink!.

I'll probably wear this one the least, even though I love the colour in the tube. It's very light for me. (I'm NW20)

nunu

Quote:
I'm looking to buy one of the MSF's but I'm not sure which one. I was going to get Warmed. I don't plan on using light flush as a blush, or warmed as a bronzer. I just want a glowing highlighter. NC42...any suggestions?

Hi check this video out by pursebuzz it might help you deciding on the 2N lipstick

YouTube - N-Collection Review part 1

hth