MAC Oil Control lotion or 187 brush? hmmmm...

BlahWah

I have a chance to get a MAC skin care combo for under US$30 which includes Oil Control lotion, the Eye makeup remover and a box of 30 demi-wipes all in a clear MAC makeup case. HOWEVER, I've been eyeing the 187 brush and will limit myself to getting either the combo or the brush.

In the combo I really only care about the lotion since I get so shiny by mid-day! e.g. I got a foundation spot on my Starbucks lid from my greasy nose pressing on it (I use Studio Fix powder)! I've read reviews on MUA but I'm still on the fence, so I thought I'd ask you all here. If it's good but you'd still recommend the brush, please let me know that too!

Thanks so much!

beautenoir

I know that I am not much help, but you only live once!...I always try to "limit" myself, but end up getting everything, so I reccommend both!....unfortunately the decision is between things that are essential for basics so it's a tough call, but if you only care about the lotion maybe get the brush....but...it is a really good deal on the skincare...what's an extra $50 in the course of your life?

user79

you can easily get good lotion and make-up remover outside of MAC. Get the 187 brush.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautenoir
I know that I am not much help, but you only live once!...I always try to "limit" myself, but end up getting everything, so I reccommend both!....unfortunately the decision is between things that are essential for basics so it's a tough call, but if you only care about the lotion maybe get the brush....but...it is a really good deal on the skincare...what's an extra $50 in the course of your life?

Evil evil evil! :twisted: That's the thought I've been trying to stay away from. I may go that route if a few members give the lotion a solid thumbs up...or I may bargain her down for just the lotion and wipes so my wallet doesn't hurt too much.
th_confused_new.gif

Thanks for replying, you did help some!
lol.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
you can easily get good lotion and make-up remover outside of MAC. Get the 187 brush.

I was thinking that too...but I haven't come across any good mattifying/oil-control lotions, so I figured I might give MAC a whirl. Do you have any suggestions for other lotions? Thanks!

lovejam

I never liked MAC's skincare products, but I LOVE my 187 brush. If I were you, I'd get the brush.

As for oil control lotion, there's a few out there. Dermalogica makes one, DHC makes one, I think Biotherm makes one, Clinique probably makes one...

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I was thinking that too...but I haven't come across any good mattifying/oil-control lotions, so I figured I might give MAC a whirl. Do you have any suggestions for other lotions? Thanks!

I heard Biore makes a good one, and they also have good oil blotting sheets.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I heard Biore makes a good one, and they also have good oil blotting sheets.

I tried Biore and it didn't do much for me. =T I'll keep hunting tho. Thanks for the suggestion!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacqueline
Get the 187, the oil control did not do much for me. Proactiv's Daily OIl control works better.

I never thought of Provactiv. Thanks for the suggestion! Much better than the Revive Sensitif lotion I was looking at from the MUA reviews - costs an arm and two legs!

aziajs

I agree. Get the brush. It's unique. There are similar brushes but none are quite as good. I tried the lotion. It didn't really work. I still got oily.

neeshie

The lotion is nothing special; have you tried a mattifying cream under your make up...mac does one but i think neutrogena does a cheper version, as does/did the body shop

i would go for the brush - i really want it too!

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
Get the 187 and ask for a sample of the oil control lotion to see if it works for you.

Yup i agree this way you kill a bird with 2 stones

~VD

BlahWah

Thanks everyone for your input! I did end up getting the 187 just last night, but didn't check out the posts for the suggestions on the Oil Control sample. I did get a sample of SFF, tho, which I can't wait to try out today (I'm a bit behind today!). I'll ask them on my next trip - Sundressing makeover, can't wait!

Latest posts