MAC Paints

Shavwi

Just curious how you guys use MAC's paints. I've never used any before but am interested in trying them as a base. Any tips on using them? I just want to buy one to start out with - what's a good neutral color that will go with anything? Thanks in advance - I really appreciate it!

Jessica

I use Bare Canvas as a base for all my shadows. The other colors are great too and will aid in making thier counterpart shadows really "pop". Since the paints are waterproof, I like to softly apply blending well @ the crease before I hit the pool. Good Luck!

Nick

I like Stilife. It's really light though, so if that's going to be a problem don't bother with it.

maxcat

I use my paints to get my eyeshadow to hella adhere all day and use it on customers if they're going to a special event and really need it to last... I use bare canvas or untitled for most stuff but I'm dead white - so go with whatever is a neutral for your skin tone.

.nicole.

I apply it iwth my fingers... don't put to much or it will crease, i just smudge it over my eyelid up to my brown bone..

Shavwi

Thanks ladies
smiles.gif
I think I'm gonna buy Bare Canvas to test it out!

ColourMyDreams

I have Bare Canvas too and am sure you'll like it, on lazy days you can just apply it to your eye area and have a very slight brightening effect with a hint of shimmer (this will depend on your colouring). Very pretty.

Oh and I apply it to my finger and pat into eye area. I find the lightest application works best.

Femme Noir

I'm an NC15/NC20... and i definitely suggest Chiaroscuro paint to anyone of my skin tone. It's the perfect neutral in my opinion. I find bare canvas a bit yellowish.
I just use my finger when applying paints on myself, but when i apply on others i use the 242 brush.

Latest posts