MAC paints!

kimmy

i am new to paints. so new, that i have never in fact used one in my entire life. i get paid tomorrow though and i haven't bought any MAC in a while (damn you, MACouture and your expensiveness!) so! what's a good paint to start off with? i like shimmer! always shimmery! i saw Baselight on someone's tutorial and i loved it, so i've narrowed it down to Baselight, Bare Canvas and Shimma. which of those three should i get? TIA! :loveya:

Hawkeye

If you love shimmer then you should get shimma. Bare Canvas is a very matte nude color. Shimma is shimmery.

OR if you like color- (but no shimmer) Cotton Candy, Chartruse etc those have some nice color and can kick e/s colors up a notch!

EmbalmerBabe

This color is not similar to those ( I only know what Bare Canvas looks like)....all though it is a RAD color if you can find it. It's called Infamous,it is the best true purple with shimmer. I wore it as eyeliner last night and it was so vibrant and lovely. You will have to MUA,or Ebay,or find it here though cause it is discontinued.

d_flawless

shimma is the sheerest of the three you mentioned. isn't bare canvas more matte?
i do like base light though, though it would alter color a bit if it's super light, like shroom or something

prinzessin784

I have all three of those and Base Light is my favorite! It's a gorgeous, golden color with shimmer than stands out and looks pretty on its own and also makes a great base for pretty much any color shadows!

Ithica

I love Shimma, the only ones i own are Shimma, Pixel and Barecanvas.

Barecanvas makes a good base, but I would so go for shimma!

Katja

I use stilife, but it's not one you listed; I really like it though, just enough shimmer (subtle) for my tastes. I have not used any of the others except bare canvas which is more of a matte finish, but it does have a slight 'sheen' to it.
smiles.gif

dollbabybex

i never used to like for aaaaages .... then until i got the right brush... then i did and i was like 'woah i love these' sadly im not at home so im not certain of the brush number but its a hard goats hair mac brush...and it blends paints perfect!
im converted x

Latest posts