MAC pearlizer in Pearlette

user3

First off would this be good for an oily skinned gal with large pores?

If not is there any lookalikes that are powder?

user4

i have it and i have combination skin (although right now its doing an oily thing) and it sitll looks nice. i dont know about the pores... not sure if i have big pores...

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
i have it and i have combination skin (although right now its doing an oily thing) and it sitll looks nice. i dont know about the pores... not sure if i have big pores...

lol if you had big pores you'd know it!
smiles.gif

How does this apply? Is more like a cream blush texture?

user4

no, its almost like a pigment... its a lose powder!!! maybe i can send u a small sample if u want.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
no, its almost like a pigment... its a lose powder!!! maybe i can send u a small sample if u want.

Oh that is sweet of you but I think I might buy it.

I am still a bit on the fence about it.

I would mainly use it a blush.
Do you think it worth getting/

user4

i bought it and its sooo beautiful.. i used to think hell of pearlizers... thought they were too shimmery and would make me look oily or something but it really doesnt... it looks sooo good applied with the skunk brush. and it makes an awsome highlight... and it looks really nice on the eyes with stillife as a base. and i dont know if its actually lipsafe but i does look nice on the lips with some clear l/g... so being that u can use it in so many ways... i would say its totally worth it!!!

glittergoddess27

ITA with Sxychika,.. I love my pearlizers,.. I have 5 of them and a back up of Pearlette especially. Even though my MSF's are my HG,.. pearlizers have a different texture/look to them. Don't think they will make you oily or accentuate that but it is possible that it could accentuate your pores since it has a bit of a shine to it,... Might want to use Smashbox Photo Finish,.. I hear this is good for making the the skin look more even regardless of pore size. I haven't tried it though,.but heard many positive recoomendations.

bluegrassbabe

Hello, my big pored sister! I haven't tried Pearlette, or any of the ornamentalism pearlizers. My experience with them is based on the Belle Azure colors. They didn't really work with my skin at all. My skin is on the dry side, but I have some decent size pores. No matter how light the application was, these made me look like a disco ball. They really do emphasize the pores. I thought it looked really aging on me. Kind of sad, because I really liked Hundred Degrees. Of course, you may have better luck with them. Is there a counter near where you could try it on?
I am a loyal devotee of MSF's. I guess because the majority of the product is powder, and a little bit of shimmer, they are better for de-emphasizing the porage.
The first company to make a product that shrinks pores permanently with have my unwavering love and devotion. Not to mention, a lot of my money too
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I think you should get it. I didn't have the pore problems with the pearlizers. The MSF's, especially Shimpagne, really made my pores look huge on my cheeks, so i don't wear it there, just on my shoulders. I have Ever Opal and Hundred Degrees, and i use them more for blush or eyes and lips.

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Where can I find the ingredient list of it? Thanks.

I'm one of the gals who saves a big part of her boxes so here we go! (It's from the Pearlette box also!)

INGREDIENTS:

Triethylhexanoin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Lapmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol
[May contain: Mica, Titanium dioxide, (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 66499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) ]

Hth!

Latest posts