MAC Shadow Help please

michelleee67

I have bright blue eyes and wanted to know which MAC shadows would do my eyes justice on making them stand out. I've done the whole dramatic thing by using bright colors but now I'm wondering about being subtle but still noticable. My skin is MAC NW15 if that also helps
smiles.gif
Thank you so much any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

michelleee67

thanks for replying!! the crazy thing is.. I have woodwinked.. and it looks like I got punched in the eye..lol
ssad.gif
.. Maybe I am just applying wrong..I have been looking around at a lot of pics tonight so maybe I'll get more ideas. But once again thank you and any more suggestions would be very helpful
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Orange is opposite blue on the colour wheel so if you want something to make the blue really stand out you could try Rule or Orange shadow.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleee67
I've done the whole dramatic thing by using bright colors but now I'm wondering about being subtle but still noticable.

Oops! Just noticed that. Maybe Rule could work but Orange would be too bright. Perhaps you could try Cork which is a nice golden brown.

jeanna

mmm... coppering? still in the orange family but not as bright as orange or rule
smiles.gif

Christina Victoria

Maybe Amber lights? You could also play it down with a light brown-ey shade, or add a subtle shimmer with Dazzlelight or Naked Lunch.

Nico.

My mom has blue eyes and my favorite color on her is Mythology (shimmery pink bronze). You could try Expensive Pink (sort of a golden pink) and Swish (frosty pink-lavendar), not that Swish is especially subtle. I've never tried Orange Tangent (light tan orange), but it's still for sale on the MAC site, and it sounds like it would accent your eyes beautifully... PARADISCO! I can't believe I didn't think of that first. Try Paradisco (sheer frosty golden peach). Pretty much any light orange, peach, pink, gold or bonze is worth a try. You could line your eyes with a darker blue to make them look lighter, especially if they're already a pale blue, or use a light blue to make them look darker. Sumptuous Olive (shimmery golden olive) is also hot with blue eyes, from what I hear.

Good luck.

Oh, and just so you know, you can get advice from a MAC artist in person or online for free if none of the suggestions here work for you.

ruby_soho

I have blue eyes and I most always do bold and dramatic looks, but you can do little touches of bold colours to pop your eyes. Purple and red make my eyes stand out like crazy, so you could get an eye kohl or fluidline and rim your waterline with a bold colour like these with just mascara and it wouldn't be fussy or anything. Getting a peachy natural shadow eyeshadow would definitely bring them out, I don't know any specific recs though. Paradisco's kinda peachy and you could tone it down if you like. I like using the '05 fuschia holiday palette for natural eyes. With that you can do a light purple smokey eye with Zinc Bar, Tabby, Nocturnelle and Grey Grape. I hope this helps somewhat.

michelleee67

Hey thanks everyone!!! i appreciate the suggestions.. i also did the email an artist thing and got recommended Gleam and Mythology e/s.. and Stifle paint for a base.. so I ordered them all
smiles.gif
plus Prrr lipglass.. and mascara and 2 pigments( golden oilve and goldenaire).. and Taupeless e/s.. i went overboard..lol oops.. thanks again.. next time i'll prolly end up ordering more of the suggested ones here.. thanks!

Latest posts