MAC Skinfinishes....

SChotgurrl

Hey all! I was wondering if MAC Skinfinishes are okay to use on oily skin? I don't break out much--unless I'm superstressed or it's that time of the month, and even then I get only a little pimple or 2--but I just wanted to know if anyone (with oily skin especially) knows if they'd be alright to use...if it is safe which shade do you recommend? Here is a photograph of moi--oily skin and all--to help you out! Thanks in Advance
thmbup.gif

*Nikki*

Wattage

MSFs are really OK for most types of skin. The only issue might be that they add shine and therefore any additional shine from oily skin might be a bit of overload. If you can, try setting your face with something like blot powder, then apply the skin finish over top.

For you I would recommend:
- Stereo Rose
- So Ceylon
- Petticoat
- Metal Rock

smiles.gif
HTH!!

SChotgurrl

Thanks wattage!! I will try your suggestion...do you know how much SFs retail for? I think I'll try to swap for some samples of them before I actually buy them, just to make sure they work with my skin!

bellaetoile

they retailed for 22.5o-23.5o, depending on when they were purchased. the last time they were released was december 26, 2oo5, with lingerie, and they increased in price shortly after the beginning of the year, due to the annual price increase.

i agree, the darker ones would work best on you..i'm an nc42 and stereo rose, gold deposit, so ceylon, and metal rock work best on me...on ebay, they're going for ridiculous amounts, so your best bet would be to find someone sampling them out, and see which shade you like the best, versus spending a lot on something that you don't like. they're all sold out everywhere, in high demand, and were limited edition products to begin with. i have all but pleasureflush, and kind of regret spending so much money on all of them, lol..

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
Thanks wattage!! I will try your suggestion...do you know how much SFs retail for? I think I'll try to swap for some samples of them before I actually buy them, just to make sure they work with my skin!

Like bella said above, they are going for ridiculous amounts on ebay. Some of them are worth it, but most are not - imo. There seems to be a pretty consistent rumour that they are coming back in the fall of this year. I would hold out - sounds like they are releasing quite a few (hopefully) so you should have a good choice of shades.

Samples might be difficult because they work best when in their hard baked form. I recommend picking up a semi-used one to try out and see what you think. Check the clearance bin here at Specktra maybe?

greengrin.gif

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
MSFs are really OK for most types of skin. The only issue might be that they add shine and therefore any additional shine from oily skin might be a bit of overload. If you can, try setting your face with something like blot powder, then apply the skin finish over top.

this is almost exactly what I was going to say. Also, apply it where you would normally apply highlighter, NOT all over.

joytheobscure

Oh, I love them... I love shimpagne, I also have stereo rose but rarely wear it. I use them as a highlighter generally a tiny bit over BE warmth. My skin is pretty oily and if I feel like I got heavy handed with them I put a bit of powder over them.

SChotgurrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Like bella said above, they are going for ridiculous amounts on ebay. Some of them are worth it, but most are not - imo. There seems to be a pretty consistent rumour that they are coming back in the fall of this year. I would hold out - sounds like they are releasing quite a few (hopefully) so you should have a good choice of shades.

Samples might be difficult because they work best when in their hard baked form. I recommend picking up a semi-used one to try out and see what you think. Check the clearance bin here at Specktra maybe?

greengrin.gif

Thanks for all the info so far ladies
smiles.gif
Wattage, I will look through the bins as soon as I hit 20 posts (this is #12 for me, so I better step my game up!) Until then I'll try swapping for some used ones on MUA...*thinks to myself "yeah--good luck with THAT one!" I'll probably have to shell out a few bucks or do some kinda "other arrangement" but if it's cheaper than buying them for retail, then what the hell!

mspixieears

As someone who gets the occasional pimple and has sometime-oily skin, MSFs will make you a little oilier at the end of the day, but nothing you can't live with. It hasn't actually broken me out though!

Latest posts