MAC Trash Raiding

kadance

Does MAC really throw away all of there returns? Ive been working in the mall here in South Florida for about 1 year now and once and a while I see someone jumping in the dumpster shortly after the MAC girl comes out with the trash, What is your opinion on this? Id be scared of getting some kind of sickness LOL

This person must be making a lot of $ selling all this makeup! Or do the associates get to it first?

II3rinII

no we dont throw away our returns. returns are put in a marked bin and are later scanned into the system and then boxed and sent to our corporate office. so im not sure what that person would be routing around the garbage for, ew!!

mizuki~

Oh wow jumping into the dumpster? That's just low..All that for nothing too
tong.gif

xbrookecorex

Not gonna lie, I've kind of always dreamed about getting Mac's trash. I mean just because when we return things that are perfectly fine we see them pitch it in the little trash bin lol

KikiB

Most retailers will dispose of damages and returns in one of two ways. The first one, which it sounds like MAC does, is to actually ship them to corporate office. I would imagine that part of the reason that MAC would do that is because they can recycle the packaging. The way that we do it is to deface the product and empty the contents into a garbage bin, as well as for tube products to cut the top off the tube. Then for regulated product we have a special recycle kit. Trust me, people raid the dumpsters for ANYTHING. I hope they don't raid the one that my store uses at my mall...it's shared with the all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant and Chipotle...smells like a fishing boat. And some people have tried to return damaged goods to stores in the past-so you have to deface and destroy if you don't send all your stuff back.

panda0410

This doesnt surprise me in the least.... we have skip-dippers (dumpster divers) here that skip for food, clothes, whatever. I have seen a LOT of the excess food products that large chain retailers throw - a local charity I have worked for here collects the excess and feeds it to their animals - and a good deal of it is a) in date, and b) undamaged. We have had to unpackage a lot of it before tossing to the animals. This ISNT recyled goods - it goes to bins that go to dumpsters if we dont collect it and is intended for rubbish!! When new shipments of produce come in the shelf stuff is discarded.... the waste is both astonishing and appalling. Since I've actually seen people (including individuals of considerable financial stability) skip for this stuff its not too hard to see people skip dipping for MAC either....LOL!!!

contrabassoon

Hmm I have seen MAC artists throw away a lip pencil. One time I went in for an exchange and she threw the lip pencil into the trash with the box and all. Wouldn't it make more sense if they just sent it back as B2M for recycling?

j_absinthe

What's wrong with a little dumpster diving? Pressed powder products and lipsticks can all be sterilized.

winks.gif

yodagirl

The only time I've ever raided the trash was when I threw away a gift I got from an ex, then realized I could have sold it and made some money lol

As far as raiding for cosmetics, no way
throwup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
Hmm I have seen MAC artists throw away a lip pencil. One time I went in for an exchange and she threw the lip pencil into the trash with the box and all. Wouldn't it make more sense if they just sent it back as B2M for recycling?

pencils can't be recycled, except for creamsticks of course. she shouldn't have thrown away a return anyway!

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
pencils can't be recycled, except for creamsticks of course. she shouldn't have thrown away a return anyway!

Oh, yes I forgot to say that it was a cremestick liner. That's why it didn't make sense to me, because I knew those could be recycled.

User49

We don't put them back out for sale because you never know if someone has used it or not... xx

browneyedbaby

Eww I wouldn't do that, even for MAC lol! However I do know of a well known electronics company that dumped ALOT of brand new TVs (and apparently it's more common than they would care to admit) because they were over-produced and new stock was coming out... I bet several people went trash surfing for those!!!

Latest posts