Make-up to match baroque dress

veilchen

Hello lovelies!

The day of our annual Christmas Party at work draws nearer, and this year we have the most gorgeous theme: the Baroque/Rokoko as a tribute to Mozart ...

We are all provided with baroque costumes (not sure of the colours yet), and I'll be doing the make-up of two of my colleagues. The problem just is: I'm not sure what to do on them, as I hardly ever do it on other people.

One has medium blonde hair, green eyes, freckles; the other medium brown hair, light skin, brown eyes. They normally wear no make-up at all and told my to do what I think right *lol*.

So, do you have any suggestions? What would be nice with such a pompous costume? I don't want it to look too overdone ...

For myself (blue-grey eyes, light skin, dark brown hair), I thought of shimmery pink lips, pink blush, only a light wash of silver or gold on the lid with thin black liner and mascara. But I don't want us all to look the same
winks.gif

Any ideas would be vastly appreciated! TIA!

Hawkeye

I automatically think of Marie Antoinette and The Man In the Iron Mask. Very French looking I guess. I dunno.

Anyway-most of those movies-I've seen they have very pale skin (apparently that was en vogue back then due to the fact that they thought those with tans were considered lower class)

and rosey cheeks that they pinched a lot

What I would do is follow Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette-

Have Pale Skin
Pink Blush
True red lips (I normally do not say that for this time period but in the movie it looked good) MAC LadyBug?
and Not that much eyeshadow since it wasn't really used back then.
But I would use false eyelashes and a lot of mascara
I wouldn't use eyeliner just the mascara, false eyelashes pale skin, pink blush red lips.

veilchen

Thanks already!

I haven't seen Marie Antoinette yet - but I really should, would probably give me lots of great ideas! Thanks so much for remining me of that!

prinzessin784

Definitely rosy cheeks and pale lips, soft eyes and fake lashes would look nice! That sounds like such a fun party! What kind of company do you work for that puts on such a show?!

veilchen

You probably wouldn't believe it: it's a law firm! Normally it's all about black suits and sober attitude here
greengrin.gif

But they like to have big events such as this one from time to time, although we have such a very special theme for the first time.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilchen
You probably wouldn't believe it: it's a law firm! Normally it's all about black suits and sober attitude here
greengrin.gif

But they like to have big events such as this one from time to time, although we have such a very special theme for the first time.

That's SO cool! I want to go!! haha
smiles.gif

SWEET LUST *

Don't forget, even when they didn't have eyeshadow, in movies and paintings of that time, the creases were accentuated. Try putting a neutral wash with a slightly darker color in the crease. And maybe teddy eyekohl dotted between the lower lashes?

Kiseki

For a very Marie Antoinette 18th century court, go pale, there are face primer's in the market that actually tone down your skin tone, true white face powder and rosy blush, very pale lips drawn smaller than the actual lip shape and round, fake beauty marks, extravagant eyelashes and some gold.

You could always create your own interpretation of the look over-emphasing the features that you like best about your face and remember, Roccoco is all about being decadent and beautiful, have fun.

veilchen

Thank you! I like the thought of being decadent, must really go out to get some of the primer you mentioned ...

Kiseki

I know that Makeup Forever has a whitening primer and white/blue primer, supposedly the white/blue primer makes you look up to 3 times paler than your natural complexion.

I only tested the white one and it made me two times paler, which was near porcelain for me.

Latest posts