Makeup belt opines needed

aeni

I'm getting sick of my wardrobe apron carrying my makeup on shoots and thinking of investing in a makeup belt/apron.

I saw many on ebay but not at all pleased with any of them except for the Snowdin apron (which I can't find anywhere on the internet). But I also found "the assistant":http://www.prolightingsupplies.com/makeupacc.php

And the 2 go belt: http://www.set2go.us/item37299.ctlg

Anyone have or used these before? I saw the 2 go belt used in a Cosmo mag recently, so I'm wondering. Or made their own? Is it worth it?

martygreene

Personally, I find the setwear belts to have pockets that are too large, and the whole thing is too bulky. Sure, I carry around product as well as brushes, but they seem to forget that brushes are something that also need storage, and just give lots of pockets for product.

I'm not familiar with the 2go belt, but it looks semi-awkward to me.

I have a MAC brushbelt which I like, and wear over-top of a waitressing apron. I keep product and such in the waitressing apron, and brushes, etc. in the brush belt. It works out for me, as the waitressing apron pockets fall just below the bottom edge of my brushbelt.

user3

Ok So I don't have either of those but the 2go belt while it looks awkward it also looks very handy.
If you need something that holds products and brushes it looks like the way to go IMO.

lara

I wear a MAC brush belt (surprise present from the DH!) over a cute full-front apron I made myself. Make-up brushes, clips, etc in the belt, bottles and emergency tools like cotton-buds in the apron pockets, and a precise lay-out on a little stool I bring with me.

aeni

Yeah, the 2go seems weird but I like all the deep pockets to possibly use for brushes. If I can just wear 1 apron instead of 2 or 3, it's all good with me. Plus all the guys would laugh their asses off when I approached them with "Need a tissue?".

Latest posts