makeup for photoshoot

i have a photoshoot coming up and i am thinking of doing my own makeup since i am pretty good at it lol.....but as far as foundation, powder...etc what is not recommended too use when taking professional pics?? i heard something about not using certain things because it wont look right in the pictures.....any ideas?

MACActress

I've heard you aren't supposed to use foundations with SPF in them because they look funny on camera, but thats about it. HTH

ledonatella

When I do people for photoshoots, one thing that helps with foundations is to go a bit darker than you normally would because people tend to get "whited out" from the lighting/flash, etc. If you do do bronzer, make sure and blend down the neck so it's all even and you don't have a dark face but a white neck. Moisturize because film picks up dry flakey skin easily. It depends what type of photo's they are too, wedding photos or magazine shoots, or portraits. The more professional the better, the less quality the more mistakes can be seen so make sure to blend like crazy. That's a common mistake, not enough blending, in shoots you can see the lines more than you might think. A general rule is to go a bit darker with eyes, lips, etc. too. I did a girl for a magazine shoot and in person you would've thought her eyes were soooo dark, but on film it was just perfect. Be careful with too much liner and mascara though because just like how film shows lines if you don't blend, it also shows clumps and smears. Be careful with alot of shimmer too, it can make you look too greasy because you might not see that it's glitter on film you just see a shiney face. It's alot of fun though, and I'm sure you'll do great! HTH!!

MAC_Whore

Don't use foundations with high amounts of titanium dioxide. Studio Fix (powder) is one. Bare Esscentuals is another. Titanium dioxide reflects the flash and makes the skin on the face look lighter than the rest of the body. Think Michael Jackson. That is probably why people are telling you to avoid makeup with a SPF, as Titanium Dioxide is also a sunscreen ingredient. Hope that helps.
smiles.gif

xxMAXxx

I agree with MAC_Whore there with not using Studio Fix for any photography makeup.. it just looks aweful!

I prefer to use MAC's StudioTech, Studio Stick, or Full Coverage foundation for this purpose. SKIN is so important to any types of makeup work.:)

Latest posts