Makeup remover for sensitive skin that wont drag and pull?

SagMaria

I have gone through about 5 different eye and face makeup removers and they have all sucked: they make me feel like I am dragging my face just to get the makeup off and same for my eyes, I feel like I have to tug and pull at them to get the eye makeup off and even then it doesnt get all the makeup off. Worst of all, all of the makeup removers I have tried have stung the hell out of my eyes... I have VERY, VERY, VERY X 1000 sensitive eyes and it doesnt seem I can use anythhing on them. SOMEONE HELP!!!!!
weeping.gif

nup

Have you tried cleanse off oil? The skin around my eyes is sensitive too and here is what I do: wet a piece of cotton pad, add some cleanse off oil and put the pad over my lid. I let it stay there for a few seconds so that it can help all the colours soften and then jently wipe. I also use q-tips to cleanse waterline and lashlines. It may take a while but it sure does not irritate my skin.
HTH
smiles.gif

Chic 2k6

i have sensitive eyes like yours and i use a brand called Simple and its a natural thingy, id describe it but idk how sorry
ssad.gif

prinzessin784

Clinique makes the best makeup removers in my opinion. The key with any remover on the eyes though is to saturate a cotton pad with it and then hold it on your eyes for at least 30 seconds to loosen up the mascara and liner. Then it should wipe off with minimal pressure/tugging.

Winthrop44

Have you tried Lancome Bi-Facil for your eyes? I have very sensitive skin and eyes and that works for me. HTH!

claresauntie

I use Pond's Cold Cream and it doesn't tug. Sometimes after I wipe off, I have to go back a 2nd time, but it's pretty gentle and has never stung my eyes!

stellarx1587

I swear by Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil. It removes EVERYTHING! And its super gentle on the skin. If you try it... I recommend using High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (the pink one). Trust. You'll love it.

hypodermic

Coconut oil. It's solid in the jar, melts on skin, gets everything off, including the dreaded liquidlast liners. It is light enough that it shouldn't cause breakouts, and if you just use some face cleanser it'll come right off. Works beautifully and you can get a giant jar for around $5. Places like Whole Foods have it, but I have also found it at all my local "traditional" groceries. I use it as an eye area moisturizer too. <3 It!

SagMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
Clinique makes the best makeup removers in my opinion. The key with any remover on the eyes though is to saturate a cotton pad with it and then hold it on your eyes for at least 30 seconds to loosen up the mascara and liner. Then it should wipe off with minimal pressure/tugging.

Is there any specific one from Clinique you would recommend? Thanks!!

SagMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
I swear by Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil. It removes EVERYTHING! And its super gentle on the skin. If you try it... I recommend using High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (the pink one). Trust. You'll love it.

Are Shu Uemura's products only available online? Im in Canada.

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagMaria
Are Shu Uemura's products only available online? Im in Canada.

They're available at Nieman Marcus as well. And Shu Uemura boutiques... although there aren't very many of them.

Latest posts