making false lashes??

mzreyes

i'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this in.. but have any of you ever made your own false lashes? this girl posted a FOTD with a buttload of reeeeaaaally cool ones that her friend made. damn i shoulda put the link in here. or maybe i should've asked her. lol... but yea.. anyone?? i want to make some but i dont know what to use!! would i start off with regular lashes and add on to them? what glue would i use? aaaaahhhh help meeeh please!
thmbup.gif

aeni

My way's different from hers as I dont use other fakes as a base. I just apply feathers and other pieces right on using either spirit gum or eyelash glue. Spirit gum definitely gives a better hold, but is shiny.

MacVirgin

I know what you mean, aren't those just awesome!. i must that if you look at them, you can realy see how they are made. Those pics helped me a lot.
smiles.gif

I'm giving it a try like hers tonight if i'm not feeling lazy lol
greengrin.gif

lara

I've made a squillion of them for work. I make some from scratch (soft rubber bases, hand knotting the lashes, yadda yadda yadda), but mostly for creative stuff I buy el cheapo falsies for bases, bash them around to soften them up and go from there.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
I just apply feathers and other pieces right on using either spirit gum or eyelash glue. Spirit gum definitely gives a better hold, but is shiny.

Spirit gum near the eyes = chemical burns, chemical blindness, gluing the lashes together, gluing the lids together, etc etc etc. I can't even begin to go into every reason why spirit gum that close to the eyeball and membranes is a bad, bad idea.

MacVirgin

i have so me cheap an used lashes aswell. Spirit gum is indeed a no no. I using lash glue for this. But for what i see she cuts the feathers and glued them in according to the shape she wants the lashes to be. Full, long or fatlooking lol.
She aded some glue to the tip of some of the feathers ad dip it in sparkles/glitter (i'm afarid of glitetrs near my eyeball) ans glued some other glither thingys on the fathers. I see she glued the longer feaher in the end of the lashes. I hope that make sence
greengrin.gif

I'm gonna be using semi permanent glue for individual lash extensions to glue the feathers and things on the fake lashes.

I would say lookat them, you can realy see how tomake them. Maybe she does something difrent to what i said, but you can realy figure it out by just looking at them.
smiles.gif

mzreyes

wow is there another type of eyelash glue? semi perm.? i gotta get some of that then huh.. makeup forever has some cool lashes for $14.. not bad, but if i can make 'em myself from for $3 adrell lashes and feathers?!!! that YEA! ITA, i'm scared of glitter so close to my eyes.. my 6th grade teacher had to wear contacts AND glasses because a piece of glitter got into her eye and i guess cut her eyeball or damaged it. UGH.. lol... but the glitter does look cool though.. wahahahahah!!! im excited
greengrin.gif

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
wow is there another type of eyelash glue? semi perm.? i gotta get some of that then huh.. makeup forever has some cool lashes for $14.. not bad, but if i can make 'em myself from for $3 adrell lashes and feathers?!!! that YEA! ITA, i'm scared of glitter so close to my eyes.. my 6th grade teacher had to wear contacts AND glasses because a piece of glitter got into her eye and i guess cut her eyeball or damaged it. UGH.. lol... but the glitter does look cool though.. wahahahahah!!! im excited
greengrin.gif

Yes yes, there is such thing as semi permanent glue. I use the one from 'Make-up Studio'but i pretty shure that Ardell has it to. Cause i have a lil blackbottle from ardel and that is the black colored glue for individual lash extensions.

I'm exited to.. have not begin jet cause i'm lazy like that lol!
lmao.gif

J/k
lol.gif
.......... nah i've been working so i'm kinda tired now, just want to chill and read. But i will give ita go this weekend
graucho.gif

MacVirgin

Well you can leave them for 5 weeks but, i'd say no longer than 4 weeks
smiles.gif

I use to wear the individual a lot but never longer than 4 weeks, they start not feeling right and getting loose in the eyecorners. And yes i have tryid to keep them longer by cleaning it up and and just adding more of the glue where needed
smiles.gif

The glue is strong, so i'm shure it will hold the fakes with feathers when i make them.

When i bought the kit for the first time *four years ago or so* it was totaly new and hot here. The lady said 'oh this is the best thing ever! you can keep this for 6 months!' :eek2:
eeksign.gif
:roll:

Latest posts