making lipstick stay on long

a914butterfly

help! any ideas on how to make my lipstick stay on long? i put on lipstick and a little while later it's gone. i tried prep & prime and it didnt really do anything for me. i also tried the pro longwear lipsgloss.lipsticks and they "bead" up on my lips (yuck). does anyone have any ideas what i can do?
if it helps any, i usually wear lingerie, punkin, florabundy, primped up, or pompadorable lipstick to give you an idea of the type i use.
thanks!

moonrevel

My method makes my lipstick stay fairly fresh looking for a while, though not indefinitely. I'll usually put a little Prep & Prime Lip on while I apply the rest of the makeup to sort of let it "sink in" to my lips. Then, I apply lipliner, usually in a neutral color unless I'm wearing bright pinks and reds or darker colors, all over my lips (most often I use Subculture which comes out sort of pinky-beige on me). I put a thin layer of lipstick on over that and rub my lips together, then another layer, and then a thin layer of Lipglass or Lustreglass over that (Lipglass stays longer on me). I did that this morning and there's still visible lipstick on!

Latest posts