making liquid liner symmetrical

ilovexnerdsx

does anyone have any general tips on how to wing liquid eyeliner better? one of my eyes always ends up higher than the other or longer than the other ... and i can fix it with makeup remover and a q-tip...but there has to be an easier way. anyone have any tips?

my apologies if this should be under recommendations, i'm not sure
smiles.gif

lara

This is totally not the answer that you want to hear, but the secret to flawless liquid liner is....

...practice.

There are some tips that help (imagine a line going from the side of your nose, touching the outer corner of your eye and going through your eyebrow - line up the tips of your liner kicks with that, then work backwards), but really it's just standing in front of the mirror, being patient and keeping a cotton tip ready. I can put liquid liner on in a moving car now, but that's only after lots of trial and error.
lol.gif

pumpkincat210

You could try putting a little dot where you want the wing to end on the outside of your eyes, looking straight on to your face. Then connect them. Remember to make the dot small or it won't work.

ilovexnerdsx

ah! thank you both so much... i could line up a pencil from my nose and draw the dot and
eyelove.gif
oh man i have to go try this it seems so simple now hahaha

<33!!

Whitney Costner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
This is totally not the answer that you want to hear, but the secret to flawless liquid liner is....

...practice.

Ditto on this, hon!
th_wink3.gif

Wattage

Just to add, I find that beyond pratice, it really depends on the brush shape and size for me - because everyone has different eyes. To be honest, I enjoy Rimmel's liquid liner best. It really makes it easy to control the amount of liner you are putting on and does a great job. I do like Fluidlines with a angle brush, but I find that sometimes the Fluidline gets too thick (gobby almost) and doesn't give that sharp, clean line I am going for.

smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
To be honest, I enjoy Rimmel's liquid liner best.

My HG liquid liner. Cheap as chips, a true matte opaque black and it lasts all day.
lol.gif

glittergoddess27

I managed to find a 1/8th angled brush (watercolor) it is the tiniest little angle I had ever seen and I use it with the fluidlines,.. it really helps. Nice tiny fine lines,.. and if the fluidline has dried out and is a little gloppy I just kinda rub my brush against the rim of the pot before applying.

Latest posts