Mardi Gras Costumes from the Cabildo in the French Quarter

SparklingWaves

Mini Tour day two. This will probably be the last of the coverage of the Mardi Gras Costumes. Unless, I see something really unusual. I don't want to bore people out of their minds. LOL (If you missed the first set of costumes, go to Mini Tour day one under say cheese). During this day, I went into the Church and the Mardi Gras Museum in the Cabildo. Also, I took some pictures out on the walk in the French Quarter. I hope you will enjoy.

I was pleased with how things appeared in the French Quarter, since Katrina. Everything was actually cleaner than I have ever seen it in my life. It has been said that Katrina sent out a lot of the negative energy in that area. I was so glad.
smiles.gif
My mini tours will continue next week... Until then, sending love to all from Louisiana.

DSCF2302.JPG

DSCF2310.JPG

DSCF2348.JPG

DSCF2350.JPG

DSCF2346.JPG

DSCF2351.JPG

DSCF2352.JPG

DSCF2359.JPG

DSCF2374.JPG

DSCF2389.JPG

DSCF2388.JPG

DSCF2387.JPG

DSCF2316.JPG

DSCF2320.JPG

DSCF2304.JPG

SparklingWaves

One of those looks like Cleopatra to me. I think I tried to post too many pictures, because some of them didn't show up. Maybe, I just messed up. The Jackson Square picture is small there. LOL It's tiny. I totally just almost didn't see it there.

Yes, I love the sparkle too. I never get tired of seeing those costumes, especially in the parade Endymion. To me, they have the best costumes. I am mesmerized by the ones that hide the face. Let me pull another one of those up.

SparklingWaves

Faces Covered

DSCF2353.JPG

DSCF2390.JPG

================================================== ===========

Oldest costumes

DSCF2334.JPG

DSCF2336.JPG

DSCF2333.JPG

DSCF2335.JPG

DSCF2330.JPG

Bonbonroz

This is so great... These costumes look wonderful, they must have been even more beautiful with people wearing them!

SparklingWaves

I always wished that I could be dressed up in those costumes. I still feel like a kid viewing them. Yes, I bet those people do feel beautiful.

Again, if you like to see these type of costumes, please review the little sample post I did called Mini Tour Day one under Say Cheese. Those costumes pictures were taken from the Mardi Gras museum in River Town in Kenner, Louisiana. This is on the outskirts of New Orleans.

My favorite from the River Town museum was the manikin women in the purple costume. She is breathtaking to me. If you have a favorite, I would love to hear to from you.
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
The wings are so impressive.
smiles.gif

I was looking closely at one of the rhinestone costumes and turned around and saw this one. It totally caught me off guard. People will defiantly step aside when you walk down the street with this one. LOL

ms.marymac

Dang, I didn't know you had posted your pics yet! lol They all came out fantastic! I think # 5 Day 2) is the most interesting. I wish I had taken more pics when I was there. The only one I had was one of me & my friend looking sketchy on the side of the street.
lol.gif