mascara wands

scrapbookromance

maybe its just me, but it seems like there's lots of new and different kinds of mascara wand thing. Maybelline has Lash Stylist with that weird V shaped comb, Revlon's Fabulash has a brush thats spaced out, and Bare Escentuals has a brushless mascara! are all these nifty styles of application really that important, or is it more the formula of the mascara itself? I'm looking around for a new mascara, and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the different brands and kinds within each brand that all promise to do different things. where do I start?? thanks in advance
smiles.gif

lovemichelle

I think its the brush thats important because I use the CoverGirl Lash Exact brush with cheap mascaras (Rimmel Extra Super Lash) and they look just as good as higher end ones. If you were to use the cheap brush they give you it would be a mess. The Rimmel one looks cheap all around and the brush looks like crap so I tried it with the Lash Exact brush and it looked great.

I remember when I worked at Kohl's they have a wandless mascara too. I never actually tried those.

HeartOfSilver

As a bit of an offside: I HATE the new tiny comb-type of applicator. I bought the new L'Oreal Double Shocking Volume mascara and primer, and the dratted comb on the mascara side makes my lashes clump and look icky. I definetly don't suggest it!

Think I'll turf this one next paycheque and go get the CG Lash Exact.

user3

For me it's all about the application.
Now the brush does matter. Like HeartOfSilver said the comb applicator makes things clumpy.
I personally like a nice full brush. Similar to Maybelline Full'n'soft.

Rule of thumb: Don't go for gimmicks. The V comb seems gimmicky to me.
Now the CG lash extract and Max Factor lash perfection have nice brushes but it may not be what you looking for.

Sadly, the only way to know if a mascara or the brush will work for you is to buy and try.
I often will save a brush I like because many of them can be cleaned and dipped into a different mascara.

pumpkincat210

I like the wand in mac's Mascara X. Its shaped like a football and is easy to apply and get all those little lashes.

Latest posts