Matte MSF Brush Issues: Rec Needed

Eemaan

I use studio fix fluid as my foundation with my 187 and using the same brush use the msf. now this isnt working for me because the 187 is not picking up any product from the msf and has developed a shiny surface sheen. preseumably because of the liquid from the foundation interacting with the matt msf.

although i have two MSFs- one for foundation and one for blush, i dont want to buy a third! is anyone else having a similar problem or can anyone suggest a seperate mac brush for the matt msf? and how can i get rid of the hardened sheen!
ssad.gif

Glitziegal

I seem to recall reading that if people were getting a hardened coat on eyeshadows, they used sellotape over the surface to remove the top layer.
Personally I would keep one brush for powders one for liquids.
But I suppose you already considered that.

maxcat

Any kind of big high grade powder or kabuki brush will work well.... but the msfs are highly absorbent because they're kiln-fired... you'll need to take a dry mascara brush or a totally dry clean toothbrush to scrape off the "shiny" part of the surface.

Eemaan

thats the kabuki right? yes i tried that this morning after the cellotape thing glitz suggested. they worked great thank you. you guys are gorguesness personified
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

the sephora brand stippling brush is identical to the mac 187, and cheaper. i use it for liquid and powder products,but i clean it as i go. so once i've buffed in my liquid foundation, i spritz it with brush cleanser, wipe it dry, and then use it for blush/MSFs.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher
any recs on a brush apart from the 187?

The only brush I would use for a face powder product like that is the 182 kabuki. It's perfect for that and picks up a lot of the product without absorbing it into the bristles.

Latest posts