Mismatched foundation?

Padmita

I bought Studio fix fluid foundation yesterday, and the MA matched NW20 with me. It looked good in the artificial light of the store, but today I am trying it in natural light and it looks a trifle too dark and red and doesn't match my neck. It's not a huge difference but I can see it. Does MAC exchange foundation shades that do not match? And is NC20 a bit lighter than NW20 or would I have to try NC15?
TIA!

Pushpa

yes they will exchange it

nc20 would be less red and will prob look better just because the nc's have a yellow undertone which go better with most ppl's skintone

i would try the nc15 and nc20 i try colors along my jawline too just to help combat artificial light

Jennifer Mcfly

I don't know about overseas, but here in the US you can return/exchange it. When I first bought select cover concealor it was the wrong color. I told her I wanted something to cover blemishes and she gave me something a little darker for under eye circles. I don't know why, I don't really have under eye circles but whatever. So I tried it a few days and it was way obviously the wrong color. I brought it back and she exchanged it w/o a problem! It really should be the same for you, if they sell you the wrong color, it's thier fault not yours!
good luck!
smiles.gif

YOOTOPiA

im usually a nc30 in tech but when the liquid fix came out the ma matched me with nw25. she said a lot of c's and nc's were going towards nw since the colors were running a little yellow and dark. it looked fine in the store but when i tried it at home it was definitely too pink/orange on me. i exchanged it for nc30 the other day without any issues. im thinking about picking up nc25 and mixing it because the 30 turns a bit dark thoughout the day. good luck =)

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
They told me to try a lighter shade, but since I'm kinda between a NW20 and a NW23, the NW20 worked perfectly. I definitely would try and bring it back if they sold you the wrong color! (Unless you can swap with someone here for the right one of course)

Padmita

Thanks for your answers! I think what I'll do is pick up the samples first and see if the other colors match me better, and if one does, I'll try to exchange the NW20. But if they don't accept it, I think I'll just keep it for summer, when it might match me better (although I normally tan very little)... The Studio Fix Fluid is my first MAC foundation, so I had no reference for any shade I would normally be! But otherwise, I totally like the foundation itself, it feels very nice on the skin and doesn't wear off easily!

SushiFlower

I find the StudioFix Fluid to turn darker on the skin after a few minutes. I'm usually an NW25 and I had to use the NW20... it's perfect! Ask them for a few samples to try at home!

Padmita

I found a much better match with NC15, NW20 is def. too dark - but (as I wrote in your thread about MAC's exchange policy) I'm having trouble exchanging it! I hope they'll do it all the same though...

Latest posts