mixing medium

rubyred2me

i have been looking on ebay for mixing medium , i believe i need it for my pigments i recant purchased to achieve eyeliner , stronger eyeshaddow and lip colour. On ebay i have found mixing medium for various purposes , seen some for mixing my own eyeliner and also other mixing medium for lashes .I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY MONEY WITH OUT CAREFULL THOUGHT SO IM HOPEING SOME ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION INTO WHAT I WILL NEED also some are water based and some are alcahol based !!! can anyone tell me about all the mixing mediums that are available and for what purpose

Jennifer Mcfly

I have the water based mixing medium. I love it. It works to make eyeshadows more opaque and the same for pigments. It makes the consistency better and easier to apply imo. I haven't tried the new one for lashes so I can't comment on that, or the body one either. But, with the water based one I have a little goes a long long way and it's totally worth it to have in your collection!

beautenoir

If you go to macpro.com they have all their mixing mediums on there with a description of each and the uses...I would check on there and see which one would be best for the application that you want...and...if thats the case, I would just order it right from the pro site and then you don't have to worry and can return it if it's not right for you.

crystalpenguin13

def. go to macpro.com to check out the descriptions...but you can only see the prices and order on there if you have a PPID card (i don't know if you do). ebay sellers usually charge 30-35 dollars (for buy it now) for a full size bottle of water-based (for making pigments stick better as eyeshadow on the lid)...it only costs 14 or 15. highway robbery. the rest of us can, however, order from the pro number, which is 1-800-387-6707.
just a tip; hope it helps...

Latest posts