Mixing Textures

ebonyannette

Do you Mix Velvets with Frosts or Mattes with Luster or Veluxe Pearls?

Which products in your opinion match up the best?

Ambi

I rarely mix, if I do it's VPs/frosts/lustres but never the shimmery ones with the matte-ish ones, maybe I suck at applying them but it looks nasty if a part of your lid is matte and the other part shimmers, I especially loathe satins, they look horrible whatever I mix them with.

stellarx1587

I dunno... I just wear whatever finish with another. Seems to work for me. I mean if it looks good, why not? I actually prefer the opposite... I like having at least one of my shadows used to be some sort of matte, velvet, or satin. I feel like my eye looks like a giant frost ball when there's too much shimmer... but ya know... different strokes for different folks... thats what I always say! =)

user79

I don't have any totally matte eyeshadows, but I don't pay any attention to the finish. I match with colours, not textures.

lizsybarite

Oh, I *deliberately* try to mix up my textures! I used to just do everything shimmery/frosty, but now that I'm almost 30... yeah. It makes me look immature. I find that mixing up the textures makes for a better balanced look, so if my lid is very shimmery (i.e., veluxe pearl, frost or lustre), I'll try to do the crease more matte (satin, matte, veluxe, some velvets). Or I'll use satins/mattes/etc. for contouring, and shimmer to highlight, since that's exactly what sparkle tends to do.
smiles.gif
It can look VERY nice, and I've never had serious problems blending different textures (though some mattes are challenging). Definitely mix & match.

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
I rarely mix, if I do it's VPs/frosts/lustres but never the shimmery ones with the matte-ish ones, maybe I suck at applying them but it looks nasty if a part of your lid is matte and the other part shimmers, I especially loathe satins, they look horrible whatever I mix them with.

i concur. lol.. i dont mix shimmery shadows with matte ones. it just looks weird..

glueme

I find any types of matte shadow used to contour gives a lot more depth than any kind of shimmery contouring or crease shadows. Too much shimmer seems tacky on me, haha.

Latest posts