Mother's birthday present

corinnexox

My mom is turning 49 soon and she rarely wears make-up. She's kind of been down in the dumps lately about her age and her appearance (although I think she looks great.) So, besides taking her to dinner I wanted to buy her some make-up. My question is what brand, or type of make-up is good for older women? I want to take her somewhere so she can get a "makeover" type deal and I'd just buy the makeup but I don't know where to go.

I saw some late night TV ad for some Lauren Hutton makeup and thought that might be nice, or some Estee lauder, but i'm honestly clueless.
hmm.gif

Any help at all would be great.

oh and.. she has some redness in her face so any makeup that would cover well and conceal without being cakey would obviously be ideal.

Kiseki

Well, depending on your mother's skin type, you can go a more moisturizing foundation with a lifting effect, Make Up For Ever has wonderful coverage and has a beautiful finish.

If she doesn't need an excessive amount of coverage, try Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer (my mother's 56 and she loves it) because it keeps her looking natural and evened out.

Chanel also has some nice creamy and moisturizing foundations with beautiful finishes and if you can find it, I love Helena Rubinstein's foundations like Color Clone or Prodigy.

It really depends on what skin type she has and what amount of coverage you think it would suit her.

courters

My mom (almost 47) has really gotten into Lancome lately. She used to use a lot of Clinique, but she said the Lancome stuff works better now that her skin is changing and older, so that could another option you look into.
smiles.gif

hunnybun

i think estee lauder and lancome are both good picks.

if you have time, i would go check out the local cosmetic counters and talk to the MAs that work there prior to picking a brand and scheduling the make-over. i'd take a quick glance to see if you can find a woman that is around your mother's age that would know what flatters more mature skin and how to address your mom's concerns. i think that your mom may feel more comfortable and confident getting beauty advice from someone she can relate to age-wise, rather then a perky 20 something year old that is completely wrinkle free. my own mother is 52 and i know she gets really self-conscious when younger girls at makeup counters try to tell her how to cover her imperfections. she always says it makes her "feel old."

hope your mama enjoys her birthday and good luck!
greengrin.gif