MSF rec?

I'm an NC25 (20 during winter and 30 during summer) with dark brown hair and brown eyes. I've been using Shimpagne as a highligher. Are there any other ones that would be better suited for me? For some reason it doesn't show up well on me. Maybe I'm applying it "incorrectly"?

Also would one of them serve as a good bronzer or do MACs bronzers do just fine? I've never really used a bronzer before so I know nothing about how to use one, where to put it etc etc...

TIA!! =)

YOOTOPiA

im an nc30 and for msf i like petticoat for pinks and gold deposit for a more golden look. they both have a lot more color than some of the highlighter types. if you want a more sheer look i'd say porcelain pink for pinks and new vegas for golds.
as for bronzers i just recently swtiched over to macs golden bronzer and like it a lot. its not too orange-y on me.
however, i've heard raves about nars laguna =)

Wattage

I am NC 15 and So Ceylon shows up quite dark on me if I don't use it sparingly so I can imagine it would be good for you! It doesn't sound like you are using the Shimpagne incorrectly - that particular MSF is super sheer so I can see that you aren't getting a lot of colour from it. I recommend applying your blush/bronzer first and then topping with the Shimpagne for a nice glow or something more glamorous.
So Ceylon makes a great bronzer type product. I also enjoy Trace Gold blush as a more glowly bronzer than So Ceylon. It might be worth popping into the counter and asking them to put some on so you can test drive it.

HTH!
smiles.gif

AriannaErin

I'm an NC25 as well (but blonde)... and I really like Petticoat.. it's light enough that I dont look clownish,but definatley shows up, of course it also depends on the amount of Rose or Gold veining though, mine is minimal for both.

YvetteJeannine

Shimmer: Yeah, I guess she's just an a--, because she's responded twice w/ the same comment. Ohhh, will losers never cease to be???

Vitaged Lust: I'm an NW 20, and I've been LOVIN' Porcelian Pink...it's wonderful for a little color, or if used lightly it's good for jus' a lil' glow!!! I don't know if that particular MSF will be re-released, but it's pretty easy to get (not like some of the others!) if you look around.
smiles.gif

Julie

I'm also an NC25(20 in the winter) but with medium brown hair and highlights. I love Shimpagne as a highlighter. It has to be my favorite MSF. I have them all except Pleasureflush and the ones I've used so far are Gold Deposit, Petticoat and So Ceylon. Naked You looked kinda orangey on me and I haven't had a chance to try my other ones yet. So Ceylon gives me a nice soft bronze look and I apply it with either my Flirt Skunk Brush or my MAC 187 and swipe whatever is left over on my brush from my cheeks onto my forehead and chin. This gives me a nice bronzey glow without looking overdone. The Flirt brush and my 187 brush work best for applying any cheek color for me.

Phillygirl

I'm so happy they are releasing shimpagne next month, I really wanted petticoat but will survive with this.

Latest posts