MSF recommendations?

brandiisamonkey

So Im looking though everyones pics on here and I really like the look of the mineralize skinfinishes on you guys... I checked Ebay and there going for about 35 to 40 for diffrent shades... are they worth it? also what color would you reccomend for me... im nc25...

thanks I appreciate it!

MissMarley

well, i am nc 15 and have petticoat and porcelain pink- love them both, and they're among the easier colors to find- if you call counters around you, you might even be able to find one that still has some left, so you could just pay retail

Vicky88

It depends what sort of colour you want. I'd probably say Petticoat, Stereo Rose or Gold Deposit for you.
smiles.gif

JLEEMARKOWITZ

petticoat! i love it,you should try to call some stores you may get lucky,the bloomingdales at the falls mall here in miami,fl still have a few petticoats left!

wiffa

Porcelain pink is so pretty! But rumor has it they are re-releasing them again this summer. Id wait if I were you b4 paying eBay prices

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffa
Porcelain pink is so pretty! But rumor has it they are re-releasing them again this summer. Id wait if I were you b4 paying eBay prices

i agree wait it out,it could be worth it
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

well I just called teh 2 locations nearest me which are laffayette and baton rouge (im not even gonna try New Orleans for obious reasons lol) and neither one have any left...
ssad.gif
Anyone wanna help a girl out and buy me a skinfinish lol... Id really like stero rose or peticoat I think lol... *sigh* I guess here I come ebay...

Vicky88

^ Are you a member of LJ? There are MAC communities where people sell Skinfinishes. Usually for the same as eBay prices but someone was selling Naked You for $23. So you never know.
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
^ Are you a member of LJ? There are MAC communities where people sell Skinfinishes. Usually for the same as eBay prices but someone was selling Naked You for $23. So you never know.
smiles.gif

yeah I have lj.. im not a PAiD member though... I never looked into any communities there though I guess I should... do you have a link that you could post? anywho thanks bunches!

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
well I just called teh 2 locations nearest me which are laffayette and baton rouge (im not even gonna try New Orleans for obious reasons lol) and neither one have any left...
ssad.gif
Anyone wanna help a girl out and buy me a skinfinish lol... Id really like stero rose or peticoat I think lol... *sigh* I guess here I come ebay...

I think if MAC releases new MSFs this summer, they will not be repeat shades. I have purchased some off ebay and honestly, I think 45 - 50 for this ginormous blush is totally worth it. I would go for stereo rose or so ceylon. Porecelain Pink is lovely but I am NC15 & lighter and it doesnt show a lot of colour on me without heavy application.

Keep your eye out. I have purchased 2 off ebay in the last week and got great deals. Even some of the BIN prices aren't half bad if you don't want to bother with bidding.

Best of luck!
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I think if MAC releases new MSFs this summer, they will not be repeat shades. I have purchased some off ebay and honestly, I think 45 - 50 for this ginormous blush is totally worth it. I would go for stereo rose or so ceylon. Porecelain Pink is lovely but I am NC15 & lighter and it doesnt show a lot of colour on me without heavy application.

Keep your eye out. I have purchased 2 off ebay in the last week and got great deals. Even some of the BIN prices aren't half bad if you don't want to bother with bidding.

Best of luck!
smiles.gif

the only thing that im worried about buying off ebay is buying from a reputable seller... I want to make sure that im actually getting the real skinfinish.. do you know if the person you bought yours from is selling any others? Oh and thanks!
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

anyone ever bought anything from v_darkbloom from ebay before? he had 99.8% pos feedback.. just wondering if anyof you have delt with them before?

MissMarley

start calling states around you like texas, missouri, whatever- call counters, because most department stores will ship to you. that's how i got my porcelain pink. don't pay the exorbitant ebay prices unless there are absolutely none available in the entire us!

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
start calling states around you like texas, missouri, whatever- call counters, because most department stores will ship to you. that's how i got my porcelain pink. don't pay the exorbitant ebay prices unless there are absolutely none available in the entire us!

wow I didnt know that.. when I call should I ask the mac people if they will ship to me or the dept store people? thats awesome!

MissMarley

ask the mac people at the counter- they should be able to tell you the store's shipping policy- if they don't know, ask for their manager. try the dillard's counter in fayetteville arkansas too- they don't get too much traffic. i'll pm you with some numbers to try

bellaetoile

Quote:
the only thing that im worried about buying off ebay is buying from a reputable seller... I want to make sure that im actually getting the real skinfinish.. do you know if the person you bought yours from is selling any others? Oh and thanks!
smiles.gif

i have yet to hear of fake MSFs. the reason MAC doesn't make them permanent is they are time consuming and expensive to make (they're baked) so i doubt they'd be faked the same way the blush and eyeshadow pots have been. if the product arrives damaged or broken, you can get your money back through ebay or paypal. so far, i know a lot of people who have bought them off of ebay, myself included, and had no troubles. that said, if you can find stores that have a ffew left over, thats great, because the ones on ebay are overpriced. still, they're worth every penny. i'm an nc42 and the darker ones work the best on me: so ceylon, stereo rose, gold deposit.

karen

I have to agree with bellaetoile. I doubt seriously that someone could fake an MSF. It would be far too time consuming, and probably would entail a LOT of work. I can't think of anything that looks like them.
I think your best (cheap) bet is to try and get one from a local CCO.

If you're going to be calling all over the place, you might as well get one off of ebay. The long distance charges from calling other states will add up more quickly than paying an extra 5 or 10 dollars on ebay. Especially when you consider those stores generally charge a lot for shipping(ordered one from a counter a couple months ago... $10 shipping).
CCO is cheapest, but takes some luck.

Wattage

Quote:
smiles.gif

Hey!

Yes, I have bought from my_bella_bargains (still waiting receive the actual product but the transaction is very smooth and super professional so far) and also from diorgirl99. Diorgirl99 was totally awesome. I really recommend her. The MSF I got from her was in perfect condition.

Hope this helps!

smiles.gif

user79

I don't get the hype around these blushes. To me, they just look like a normal blush with a bit of sparkle to it. I have Nars Orgasm and it has a similar effect, and I also use a bit of irridescent powder. How is the MSF any better?

Latest posts