MSFs

Rhapsody76

Hi,

I am fairly new to Specktra (well, new to posting, I have been reading for a while) and have recently got into Mac (in a big way
yes.gif
). I have built my collection up pretty rapidly and have managed to get my hands on some of the MSFs - I have 'Light Flush' and 'Lightscapade' (I also have the natural one with the shimmer portion from the New View Collection, but I know how to use that one). I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how to use them... at the moment I am using them both as a kind of blusher... is that right?

I am fair skinned (not likely to tan either as I live in the UK
thmbdn.gif
) with blue eyes and blonde hair. Can anyone recommend any others that would suit me too?

Many thanks.

Susanne

Most of us here use MSFs as bronzers or blushes. Try the MSFs in October with the Sheer Minerals collection, especially Petticoat and Soft & Gentle, these will probably suit you.

Have you tried the new mineralized blushes from Sonic Chic? I can recommend Pleasantry, Gentle and Dainty!

~Crystal~

I love MSFs- I own pretty much all of them, but DEFINATELY check out those mineralized blushes! They're awesome!!

Light Flush is super pretty as a blush (on its own if you're pale enough), or used on top of a blush. I know some people also use it as a highlight... though I think it does more good as/with a blush.

Lightscapade is a highlight- really pretty, and gives are nice soft glow. If yours has a chunk of the yellowy peach veining, you can use your eyeshadow brush on that, and pat that gently under your eyes after concealing etc to further reduce the look of dark circles. It's the one thing I love Lightscapade for!
smiles.gif

Definately check out Petticoat when it comes back out- that one is the most gorgeous MSF ever made I swear... and it's really beautiful as a blush! If you're into bronzers, then So Ceylon (which can also double as a blush, depending on your skin tone) will also work. Shimpagne is pretty too, as a highlight, if Lightscapade is too pale- though it tends to work with most skintones.

Otherwise.. umm...

Warmed/Shooting Star/Global Glow- bronzer
Gold Deposit- bronzer
Northern Light- blush!
Porcelain Pink- on top of a blush/highlight
Glissade... (not much use in my opinion)
Naked You (real pretty, but far too glittery. The actual coloured parts would make a nice highlight/bronzer though?)
Stereo Rose- GORGEOUSSSS blush!
Gold Spill- highlight
Pleasureflush- alone... over blush... as a highlight- however you like it!
Metal Rock- use with care and difficulty- but can be used as a contour if you're fairly fair I suppose.
New Vegas- Highlight!

I'm sure I've forgotten one or two there... but I'm too sleepy to think of them or dig them out of my drawer, so HTH!

Rhapsody76

Oooh thank you so much. I will have a good look through all the info here and will hopefully add to my collection!

I have the Sonic Chic mineralized blush in 'Gentle' and I love it.

I will definitely look into the Petticoat MSF if/when it comes out in the UK.

It is quite amazing how quickly I've got into all this - the Sales Assistants in my local store know me by name now
blush-anim-cl.gif
th_LMAO.gif