MU/Rhinestone rec?

Kels823

Hiyo! Doing MU for a friend of mine that is doing a solo ballet dance performance. Her first outfit is like a royal blue, her 2nd one is a teal color. Ne ideas for MU looks (Ive never done MU for a dancer, Im thinking something very vibrant yet elegant (as it is for ballet)?

Also, I wanted to add rhinestones on the outer corner of each eye as well. Where would I get rhinestones that are safe for the eyes? And what type of glue/adhesive would I use?
hmm.gif

Thank you guys SO much for ne help at all....
clap.gif

hyperRealGurl

you can use Spirit Gum to glue the stones on.. Or Duo..
you can also use Swarovskis or acrylic rhinestones for the face

Fairybelle

fluffy.gif
Yep, Duo is a good adhesive! Just get flat back Swarovski crystals (I found some to bling up my phone by "Pure Allure" at a local chain craft store). The Swarovski crystals cost a bit more than regular rhinestones, but if you hold up the crystals side by side, they make a HUGE difference in shine and brilliance. Definitely worth it for a solo performance!! Good luck!

user79

I just bought flatbacked rhinestones from the craft store, and attached with DUO Adhesive glue. Worked well. Swarovski ones are expensive, and if you lose them that would be a big waste of money. The ones from the craft store are pretty sparkly as well and only cost a few bucks!

maxcat

Okay. Ballet makeup. If she's under big lights and a bit away from the audience (small theatre setting) you need to do a heavy powdered down foundation, and then think a bit drag queen from there... good black line with a flare underneath, good black line with a flare on the top, and on the outer corner a bit of white between. The rhinestones are going to get lost. What I do reccomend is a small red dot on the inner corner of each eye - helps to extend the eye and also keep it "real" looking.
This is a good tutorial, albeit in japanese, you can follow the pics.
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...ial_s%26sa%3DN

Latest posts