Mulch is too light..

Kels823

I really love mulch but it just doesnt show up well on me for some reason (NC45). Is it just a light color? And is there a darker alternative? I was thinking espresso... TIA!

MacVirgin

how about Twinks, Mistery or Showstopper?
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

thats strange, i'm NW45 and my mom is NC45, and Mulch show up on us just fine. Perhaps its a bad batch? i got a bad batch of sushi flower once. absolutely NO color pay off, and then it broke.

try Twinks or Satin Taupe or Embark.

Kels823

MV - Ill look @ those today and try them all, thx!!!

MP - I think thats what it may be.. as SOON as I took it out the box, it broke.
ssad.gif
I tried taking a pic w/ my camera phone a sec ago so you could see what I mean, but its not coming out well.. Im gonna work w/ it some more (this is my like 4th time using it) and if not, def. gonna buy another Muclh PLUS another brown shade.. Thx!!

YBAB - Yah I use UDPP... I used Milani Flare over the entire lid then Mulch on the outer v and smudged into the crease.. maybe I was expecting something else from this color, I dunno.. Espresso is kinda dark.. hmm..

MAC_Pixie04

yeah, it sounds like you got bad batch. mulch goes on really well on my mom and she's exactly your color. i did a smokey neutral on her with it.

User67

Mulch is my favorite crease color, but I agree that sometimes it just isn't quite dark enough, so I just layer Espresso over it to make it darker & that works great.

IcePrincess2250

Yeah try layering it! That way you can still use it even if you got a bad batch (or return it is the other option I guess).

I love it in the crease over embark, unsquare, and take wing for browns.
It also looks great over cranberry or bravado!!

ebonyannette

Yes I agree, put on Espresso then Mulch.
Have you tried Embark? You will really like that one I think its more of what your looking for.
Mulch doesnt show up well on me either I use it over Tan Ray Paint or as a highlight shade since Im so dark and its like 1 shades lighter than me it works pretty good for that.
Make sure you have a good highlighter shade cause sometimes your crease color looks more intense with a good highlight, maybe Shroom or Arena to highlight you'll see Mulch better.

Latest posts