My concealer under my eyes creases...help!

MAC_Pixie04

Hi, I've been trying to solve this issue for a while. At first I was using Select Moisturecover under my eyes, dotting it on and blending it with a laytex sponge. It creased! Now I use Studio Finish SPF35 under my eyes with a brush, then blending it with a laytex sponge dampened with a spritz of Fix+. It creases!!!

What can I use to set my foundation and stop it from creasing? I guess I could try blot powder, but does anybody have a good way to solve this issue?

iiifugaziii

try prep n prime skin!!
smiles.gif
if you haven't already

MAC_Pixie04

i haven't because of its cost
ssad.gif
but my friend has PPID I should have him send me some...

thanks! and PS you FOTDs always rock my world.

tepi_telfast

Yep I have this problem... everyday! I use Studio Finish too. To stop creasing, I normally pat this on with my finger a bit heavier than I'd like it to look, then I wait a while for it to settle (usually do my e/s, mascara etc) then when it starts creasing I just blend it away with my finger again (in a light sweeping motion). This step always leaves me with natural looking concealer and no creasing for the rest of the day. HTH!
smiles.gif

lara

Probably a silly question, but are you setting it with powder? Use either a translucent setting powder to fix the cream, or use something more heavy-duty like Blot Powder to really make it budge-proof.

I wouldn't use Fix+, as it gives the product more 'slip' and will make it move it more than it already does. Fix+ is really to give an additional level of setting for powder over foundation/powder-based make-up, or to give extra slip when applying powder/cream foundations over dry skin.

Using a latex sponge may also be the culprit. If this is just on yourself, you're allowed to use clean fingers.
winks.gif
A sponge can wipe away a lot of product, which then makes you add more until it's a big greasy mess. Lay on the product with a stubby concealer brush, or even better, your fingertip. Just lightly pat it on in the areas that need concealing, set it with powder and you'll be good to go!

Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

well i use my fingers or a brush to apply it initially and blend it with a sponge otherwise when I put my foundation on, it seems to look visible. I just use it under my eyes to make them look more "alive" i guess. I don't have horrible dark circles, but they're just dark enough to bug me lol. I suppose I could use my blot powder, or i'll pick up translucent blot powder at the prostore next week. I'm always worried that it would make the areas I'm trying to conceal more pigmented.
thanks girls.

lara

If the concealer looks visible, then it's probably sitting over areas that don't need concealing or you're using too much product. A little really goes a long way, especially against a full face of make-up.

If you stop the concealer before it reaches the edge of your under-eye darkness and standard skin, it's much easier to blend it in so it only conceals the darkness and doesn't reach any normal-coloured skin. Otherwise it really draws your eye to the under-eye area and looks as if you've applied mis-matched product.
smiles.gif

KJam

I finish my foundation and concealer by buffing it out with the 180 small buffer brush - I never have a problem.

xxmissjennyxx

if you dont mind using outside of mac, then i suggest benefit boi-ing. ive been using it for years. what i do is i put on my moisterizer, then light powder, then the boi-ing then i put more powder over it. it looks really natural and i never look tired (even though i really have panda eyes underneath) the only problem with boi-ing is that they come in three shades. i hope this helps you out =) besides, sephora's return policy is really lenient.

Sushi_Flower

I powder over Moistuere Cover concealer to set it or else it creases. Select Cover concealer sets amazingly well and doesn't need any powder and doesn't crease.

Latest posts