My face itches so bad! could it be....

Pink_minx

The Bare Minerals Foundation or the Pro-Active Toner or both? Thats the only thing I use on my face. It has itched before in the same area just not as bad as today and I have finals and its really bothering me. Arg I need an itching cream! any recs on a good itching cream?? this sucks. has this happened to you if any of you have used Bare Minerals? Or it could be cause I used the Toner? Im not sure.

Isis

I really have no idea which it could be... Try using a cortizone based cream.

user3

Some people have a reaction to the Bismuth in BE. It could also be the combo of the BE and Toner. I would lay off on using one of them for a week and try to figure out which one could be the cause of the itching.

aziajs

It may be the BE foundation. My face itches too sometimes. I have to make sure I use a really good moisturizer. The proactiv lotion wasn't enough.

Pink_minx

yeah I use all the steps of pro active except the mask. But im gonna have to lay off on both of them for awhile until my face gets better. I should probably not use the BE in the areas that itch a lot.

kat121085

A good cream to calm your skin down is Clinique Exceptionally Soothing Cream for Upset Skin. It has cortizone in it. It will knock out the itch and rash in no time. I had a reaction once to a blush used in a makeover at a makeup counter and I was giving a big presentation in an hour. One of the sale ladies from Clinique (I was at a CD counter) ran over with this product and it cleared up in an hour (it was still a little red but not itching or burning anymore). You could even just get a sample from a Sephora or counter nearby b/c you prob won't need that much to use an entire jar. HTH.
smiles.gif

clq_6C7F_158.jpg

Padmita

My guess is the BE too. I know a lot of people whose faces itched from the BE foundation because of the bismuth, esp. if you have combo skin. If you find out it's really the BE, there are a lot of mineral cosmetic lines that don't use bismuth.

Pink_minx

Aw does that mean I have to stop using BE!? I loved it blah. Maybe I should lay off with the foundations and stick with concealers for now until I find the right foundation later on. Hmm the clinique lotion sounds good right now, my face is still itching *try not to scratch!* Im gonna drag my bf to the mall with me lol and put some of that cream on my face cause its itching like a beeeeiiiioootch eh.
thanks for the help!

succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
yeah I use all the steps of pro active except the mask. But im gonna have to lay off on both of them for awhile until my face gets better. I should probably not use the BE in the areas that itch a lot.

Do you use an additional moisturizer with it?

katsey

Are you feeling stressed from finals? Sometimes its a stress reaction. How long have you used these products? If you haven't changed your routine in a while then it could be from stress.

Latest posts