My First Mac Purchase!!

Tawanalee

Hey Everybody
wavey.gif

This is my first post after being a lurker for a while! I have an extra $100 that I'd like to spend on some new makeup. What should be my first purchase from Mac? I'm NW45 (I think) & I go for the more neutral look, but with a bit of "oomph" KWIM? So what do y'all recommend for E/S, blush & lips? I'm going to work myself up to the Va-va-voom level later! LOL Thanks!!

Dark_Phoenix

For neutral shadows, try Vanilla, Cork, Jest, or Bamboo. Any/all of those colors are nice shades of nude or tan.

Blush... I don't really know. Not a big MAC blush girl. Gingerly is beautiful though.

Lips... you have to try Lipglass Lipgloss. It's amazing. C-Thru, Underage, and Beaute are really great colors that aren't too "out there".
But hey, have fun and experiment. The girls at the MAC counter are really helpful for color selection.

Beauty Mark

It isn't eyeshadow, but the fluidliners are incredible. For the price, you cannot beat the payoff and the number of colors available.

juicyaddict

I say the best way to try MAC for the first time is to get basic eyeshadows. Get one for highlight, one for lids, one for crease. Get the Viva Glam lipstick, I heard one of them is a neutral, is it the IV? Not sure. Get a neutral lipgloss, too. Then maybe the mocha blush. If you have any money left, go get yourself one good brush.

saj20052006

Okay, great everday neutrals for NW45 are:

Eyeshadow - Era, Satin Taupe, Mulch, Brown Down (Not sure if still available)

Eyeliner - Blacktrack, Dip Down (These are fool proof)
Lipliner - Chestnut
Lipstick - Honeyflower, Sheer Plum (Little Color), Viva Glam V
Lipglass - Viva Glam V
Lustreglass - Sinnamon, Garden (Little Color)
Blush - Raizin, Harmony

maxcat

Here are my top pics for NW45...
Bronze, Patina and Woodwinked shadow (and Club for fun, it totally pops on an NW45)
Mineralize Deep Dark matte skinfinish powder (takes all your pores and troubles away)
Viva Glam 6 for a bit of fun sparkle... if you really like a very neutral lip look at the tinted lip conditioners. And Springbean on you will look like golden honey on your lips.
Try on lots of stuff, ask for help from the gals there, ask lots of questions.

saniyairshad

Face: Light MSF, Studio Finish Concealer Palette, A nice blush in peach or pink, bronzer
Eyes: e/s the ladies above me have given some wonderful recs
Lips: Nymphette l/g, Oh baby l/g, and Spring Bean l/g; perfect to start off with
winks.gif