My friend sells Avon but...

elektra513

...I don't want any!!
weeping.gif
I'm sort of a beauty snob nowadays in that if it's not coming from MAC/Sephora/Ulta, it doesn't exist.
lol.gif
Poor thing, she gave me all these samples, and they're still sitting in my car, like almost under the seat. Lotions, perfumes, eye cream, all sorts of stuff. I've found the stuff I love, and don't want to try anything new.

How can I tell her that I'd love to help out her business, but I just don't use that stuff, but in a nice way?
hmm.gif

Thanks.

Beauty Mark

I would try something she's given you. Who knows, you might like it! Avon has some great stuff, even if it's just like hand lotion or lip balm.

If you end up not liking it, I would tell her that the products aren't working for you/

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I agree.. A lot of Avon's products are actually REALLY REALLY good quality. Some of them are even better quality than stuff your going to find at utla.. thats for sure.

elektra513

Thanks! I keep the hand lotion I won @ her first party on my desk in the office, and it's nice, but I guess some stuff (like hair products, for example) I know I won't use (but that's a whole different forum
lol.gif
). I'll give the samples a chance...

Thanks again.

Willa

You could just tell her that right now you have a lot of products at home, but you will remember to think of her if you miss an item that you would like to change (brand).

Im not really an Avon person... lolll
But their eye remover is good, moisturizer.
I also love the aloes vera gel for the eyes, when I come back home after a night of partying, after washing my face I use it. Its refreshing.
Maybe you could buy her some foam bath, I just got myself 3 bottles of the banana/coco foaming gel for the shower, its 99¢ each. Not a lot to support her
lol.gif

elektra513

Yeah, I'll definitely tell her that. Good idea
thmbup.gif

I'd be willing to try like a body wash or something, lotions, provided she lets me read the ingredients first. But haircare, skincare and makeup is off limits. I've found what works and I ain't changing. I can be very sensitive to some ingredients and I don't like to play russian roulette w/my face, esp. I used to work for Origins, an "all-natural" store, and every eye cream they sold made my eyelids swell shut
ssad.gif
I am also allergic to certain lipglosses.

I wish I knew more people who'd be into it, so I could point her in their direction.

Beauty Mark

Could you just buy gifts for people who don't have such sensitive skin or don't care so much?

I think if you explain your skin has problems with many products, she'll understand.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

ohhh the Gift thing is a good idea. so you can help support your friend and get gifts.

I know what you mean about when you find what works.

I cant use mary Kay anything. it gives me a terrible allergic reaction especially the mascara.
I also cant use M.A.C foundations or face powders or the next day I have a pimple farm emerging on my face
once you found what works you stick with it, and THEN they discontinue it!!! at least in my case!

Willa

A little humour here, you could ask her to buy some of your stuff too
Do you have some products you dont use?
lol.gif

50/50

elektra513

Nice
smiles.gif

But I wish I could...She needs the $$ so no shopping for her. That's why I feel so bad. She doesn't have anything else going on right now, like work-wise. I'm thinking maybe in a few months getting some girls together that I think would buy a bunch of stuff from her and hosting a party or something. Just to help her out w/expenses, etc. That'd be way better than me buying stuff I won't use (not necessarily b/c it Avon, but b/c I have way too much crap already, and don't need to spend the $$ I do now...)

Beauty Mark

Where do you work? If you work in an office that allows that kind of solicitation, you could try helping her out that way, too. Or a hair dresser or any place like that. You have to ask, of course, but it's worth a shot.

I'm trying to think of how my aunt used to sell Avon.

kaliraksha

All great ideas above- but I say try some of the Avon stuff.. look into the "Mark." line- I looove his stuff.

MisStarrlight

I'm in the same boat...my best friend just lost her real job so now she's relying on her Mary Kay $ to make ends meet. I sold MK for like 2 minutes so I have a bunch of stuff & don't really like anything else.

If it's your thing, I would try to throw a party or something & definitely play with those samples-you never know what you could find.

coachkitten

I would just tell her that you are stocked up on makeup, skin care, etc but that you would be happy to refer her to people you work with by leaving avon brochures around. A lady does that for a friend of hers at my work and people buy a lot of that stuff.
Also Avon has a lot of cute things besides makeup. Their MARK line has a ton of cute purses, jewelery, etc. Maybe you can help support her with something like that.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I would just tell her that you are stocked up on makeup, skin care, etc but that you would be happy to refer her to people you work with by leaving avon brochures around. A lady does that for a friend of hers at my work and people buy a lot of that stuff.
Also Avon has a lot of cute things besides makeup. Their MARK line has a ton of cute purses, jewelery, etc. Maybe you can help support her with something like that.

This is definitely a good idea. In fact, I've already mentioned Avon to some of the ladies around the office to get a bug in their ear that they have access to it if they are interested. I'll offer to host a party if I get enough ppl interested, too. I want to help her out w/her business definitely. I just know what I have already and what I like, and Avon's just not my thing. But like some of the posts here, u never know, I may try a sample of something one day, and get something, but I know I won't be dropping mega bucks on Avon stuff like I do for my MAC or Nars or Joico products, y'know.

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone
clap.gif