My Iman Report

MAChostage

Well, I finally located a Walgreens (in another city, 45 minutes away from me) that carries Iman. I bought the following: Scorpion l/s, Jaguar l/s, Sheer Iced Tea l/s, White Gold e/s, and the eyebrow pencil in Blackest Brown. I love Iman's l/s colors, they are very pretty. My experience and observation with Iman lipsticks in the past has been that they turn rancid pretty quick so I'm anxious to see how long these last. Has anyone else noticed that? The e/s, although a nice color, has just a so-so texture, IMO, but it'll work. I can never say enough about the eyebrow pencil, it's my HG (I used to order it from the website). It just is the perfect color for most women of color and the consistency of the formulation is great. I opted to skip the foundation this time around as I've been wanting to try Prescriptives Anywear (which I bought the same day and love!). Does anyone know if Iman still makes a l/s in Wild Thing? They didn't carry it at this Walgreens.

KeshieShimmer

I an a big fan of that new silicone/powery stick foundation. The textre is weird but cool. I will buy it next time. I did try her second to none liquid foundation, I like it, it just doesn't hold shine at bay!

braidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Well, I finally located a Walgreens (in another city, 45 minutes away from me) that carries Iman. I bought the following: Scorpion l/s, Jaguar l/s, Sheer Iced Tea l/s, White Gold e/s, and the eyebrow pencil in Blackest Brown. I love Iman's l/s colors, they are very pretty. My experience and observation with Iman lipsticks in the past has been that they turn rancid pretty quick so I'm anxious to see how long these last. Has anyone else noticed that? The e/s, although a nice color, has just a so-so texture, IMO, but it'll work. I can never say enough about the eyebrow pencil, it's my HG (I used to order it from the website). It just is the perfect color for most women of color and the consistency of the formulation is great. I opted to skip the foundation this time around as I've been wanting to try Prescriptives Anywear (which I bought the same day and love!). Does anyone know if Iman still makes a l/s in Wild Thing? They didn't carry it at this Walgreens.

I use Iman products and love them, but the lipsticks will dry out. I am not sure if Walgreens carry the l/s Wild Things, but I purchase my Iman products off ebay from Suzi's beauty boutique.

What is the difference between the Iman line sold at Walgreens and the Iman line that used to be sold at department stores? Are the products better or the same?

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidey
What is the difference between the Iman line sold at Walgreens and the Iman line that used to be sold at department stores? Are the products better or the same?

They are exactly the same, to my knowledge. What I want to know, also, is what's up with the I-Iman line? Does it still exist?

braidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
They are exactly the same, to my knowledge. What I want to know, also, is what's up with the I-Iman line? Does it still exist?

The I-Iman line was sold at Sephora but it was discontinued. I don't think you can get it anywhere now.

bocagirl

Quote:
The I-Iman line was sold at Sephora but it was discontinued. I don't think you can get it anywhere now.

The Iman line is currently sold at Walgreens and Walmart. If you go to the website it tells you which stores you can find the products.

Here is the link http://www.imancosmetics.com/1.0/

Click on Find A Store.

AppleDiva

Quote:

You can also get it @ Ulta.com and in the store. You can test the product that fits your complexion before you waste money on a bunch of stuff, and have to return to stuff.
thmbup.gif

MAChostage

^^ Ulta.com sells her regular Iman line. I was speaking of the I-Iman line, which was different (and more expensive).

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
You can also get it @ Ulta.com and in the store. You can test the product that fits your complexion before you waste money on a bunch of stuff, and have to return to stuff.
thmbup.gif

I_IMAN is discontinued. I used/use several of the products, powder, blushstick and several of the shadows. The packaging was rectangular unlike most of the IMAN Cosmetics packaging which is round.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
I_IMAN is discontinued. I used/use several of the porducts, powder, blushstick and several of the shadows. The packaging was rectangular unlike most of the IMAN Cosmetics packaging which is round.

As of when?

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
As of when?

It's been a while, seems like about 2 years+. Have you seen any I-IMAN products anywhere? The last I had seen was at Sephora.

I would love it if I could find it again.

MadchenRogue

I remember buying a long time ago a lip gloss packet from JC Pennys for like 24$ and it had around 5-6 lip glosses. Although I have fair skin, I love the nice earth tones of her cosmetic line. As for the lip glosses, they are pretty thick, almost as thick as a MAC lipglass, that's my opinion though. They do have however a funky fragrance and to some it can be a turn off for the product.

MadchenRogue

I remember buying a long time ago a lip gloss packet from JC Pennys for like 24$ and it had around 5-6 lip glosses. Although I have fair skin, I love the nice earth tones of her cosmetic line. As for the lip glosses, they are pretty thick, almost as thick as a MAC lipglass, that's my opinion though. They do have however a funky fragrance and to some it can be a turn off for the product.

MadchenRogue

MadchenRogue

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
It's been a while, seems like about 2 years+. Have you seen any I-IMAN products anywhere? The last I had seen was at Sephora.

I would love it if I could find it again.

Oh ok. I get what you are saying. I had one of her liquid bronzers. I would always get compliments when I wore it.
pretty.gif

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
This line is not discontinued, its now a drug store brand (sold at Duane Reade & Walgreens in NYC), since it was disc. at Sephora. Maybe the packaging is different, but I don't remember what it used to look like.

It's expensive for a drug store brand, almost $8-10 for the sm. e/s.

http://www.imancosmetics.com/1.0/

http://www.walgreens.com/search/sear...SCII&term=iman

http://www.duane-reade.com/cgibin/ca...cgi?user_id=id

Not IMAN COSMETICS.
Notice the rectangular packaging in a Charcoal color versus the round packaging of
IMAN COSMETICS.

Very different logos as well.

We mean this line!

I-IMAN Cosmetics

I-IMAN.gif

On the main page, click i-iman make-up. It's just to the right of WELCOME. Then notice in the PRODUCT RANGE link (upper left blue circle), no updates since Spring 2004.

Website still works but this stuff can be found no where to the best of my knowledge. I absolutely loved it and was very disappointed when it disappeared from everywhere.

Also type into your browser, www.i-iman.com and watch how it goes to IMAN Cosmetics. The link I have provided here and above goes to the I-IMAN line. It is www.i-iman.com/home.html.

Jay Manuel used to be the National Artist for I-Iman.