My Las Vegas Trip - June 26th-29th

GlamYOURUs

Okay so I have been calling places and preparing all day for my summer trip. I am trying to make reservations but I am scared of being jipped off. After a lot of researching, I found one I kinda like. Its at a 3 star hotel and resort on the strip. Its a 1 bedroom 1 bath condo with a balcony and full kitchen + dining area and family room all for $250 for 2 nights. Is that a deal?

The other one is pretty much the same thing but a 2 star hotel and for $178 and its a block away from where my friends will be staying at. Sounds like a better deal for 2 nights. And this hotel has a huge pool and jacuzzi where as the other one just had a tiny pool.

Do you know of any good ones or do you think that just takes the cake? I mean I am only going for 4 whole days but staying two nights with a group of friends and the bf. My friends are planning to split the cost of a 2 bedroom condo between 8+ people. But my bf and I want our own room. I think my friends got the room for $485 with the same amenities but just with an additional master bedroom. I think the group value might be the way to go but yeah we need our privacy since we haven't seen each other in a year. lol So any suggestions on what hotels to stay in for cheap? =)

Its been a long time since I have been to Vegas. I am 27 and the last time I was there was when I was 21. Any suggestions on places to stay, to go, to eat?

threelittlebirds

Two nights for $250 on the strip, weekend, is a great deal. If you and your bf want some privacy, I'd suggest staying a night either before or after your friends get there, maybe Wed or Sun. Rates are much lower on the weekdays.

I usually check vegas.com and travelzoo before I book a room in Vegas. Also, if you're not renting a car,I think it's worth it to pick a more central location, as cab fares add up over the entire weekend (It is much too hot to walk during that time of year!).

kaexbabey

you should eat at the rio hotel buffet. YUM
smiles.gif

xJUDYx

i went the the rio last time i was there, which was end of april. it was NOT that great..maybe it was the day or something..but everything was extra salty or extra plain!

try the bellagio hotels buffet..

also have you tried looking up rooms @ hotels.com? its the best site!

GlamYOURUs

I got a 1 bedroom condo for 2 days - $178 total I am soooo happy!!!
I'll keep all your suggestions in mind, thank you! =)

MACATTAK

I agree..go to the Rio Buffet! Just know that the Rio has 2 buffets. I accidentally went to the seafood buffet, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find all the "amazing" food everyone talked about. Don't get me wrong the seafood buffet was off the chain, but of course it was mainly seafood
smiles.gif

GlamYOURUs

I am staying at a hotel called The Carriage House, its a block away from the strip and between the MGM Grand and the Planet Hollywood Hotel.

I was planning on staying at the Jockey Resort on the strip since they were offering half off b/c of all the noisy construction going on 24/7. But I thought about it and opted not to. lol

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
^^^I agree!!! Everytime we go, we have to go to Rio. That buffet is the best.

and let's not forget - the chippendales are at the rio
graucho.gif

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
and the Thunder From Down Under is at Excalibur = way sexier---->they have an accent.
winks.gif

Oh the memories...
winks.gif

GlamYOURUs

^^^Thank you!

Yeah my friends told me about Hard Rock's pool. It looks awesome! I think we might be going there.
yes.gif

toby_is_cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
What hotel has the best pool?

Hard Rock and the Palms! Have fun. Are you planning on doing a lot of shopping?

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_is_cute
Hard Rock and the Palms! Have fun. Are you planning on doing a lot of shopping?

Not really. The point of the trip is to have fun and hit the hottest clubs and get crunk. lol