My personal challenge....2 15 pan-palettes and too many e/s!

user2

Hi!

I'm back from one huge depotting day and I dont know how to sort them in my two palettes....
So its your turn to help me...
Here're the colors...
CIMG0531.jpg

first row:
Pollen, ChromeYellow, Coppering, Mythology, Gleam, Goldmine, Pink Papillon, Bitter
secone row:
Paradisco, Sprout, Steamy, Swimming, Silver Ring, D'Bohemia, Metamorph, Amberl Lights
thrid row:
Meadowland, Mild Orange, Stimulated Copper, Studied Brown, Truce, Bagatelle, Creme de Violet, Sugarwhite...

Help me pleeeeeaasee!!

RussianSexpot

Try just picking like 4-5 random colors, then pick out the other colors you normally use with those so they're all together in one spot...that's the only way I can think of.....

mich.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
I separate mine by the color spectrum so that all similar colors or color families are grouped together.

As do I

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Quote:
I separate mine by the color spectrum so that all similar colors or color families are grouped together.

As do I

me 3! that's why I have 5 pallettes now, a blue one, a green one, a pink one a purple one and a brown/neutral one
greengrin.gif
*proud*

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
Quote:
Quote:

As do I

me 3! that's why I have 5 pallettes now, a blue one, a green one, a pink one a purple one and a brown/neutral one
greengrin.gif
*proud*

I try to do that as well, but of course some odd ones creep in there.

mac80fd.jpg

mac70op.jpg

Lo-Fi_Thriller

i got 6 palettes i just recentley colour cordinated mine to the MAC chart but mine are pinks, purple/blue, yellow/green, brown/neturals, corals, and quad palette w/ smokey eye look to fill in the last 3 pegs.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
Quote:
Quote:

As do I

greengrin.gif
*proud*

Heh I have the same Sanne
greengrin.gif
Pink, Purple, Blue/green, browns/neutrals and silver/golds. I just bought 4 new palettes and about 24 new shadows so I will be doing some major resorting...

gambitlizard

So when you have 9 pallettes, do you open them all each a.m. to be creative or do you try to group in "looks?"
Personally, I get overwhelmed looking at all the colours and end up doing the same old things. How do you get your creative ideas?
Thanks,
Kim

mrskloo

I'm lazy so it goes in as I get them. No order what so ever. Well, except for the neutrals... they're all together.

I guess this works for me because I love to open them all up and look at them all. But then again, I only have 6 palettes so it's really not that much. It gives me a chance to notice colors that I wouldn't have thought to use.

shriekingviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitlizard
So when you have 9 pallettes, do you open them all each a.m. to be creative or do you try to group in "looks?"
Personally, I get overwhelmed looking at all the colours and end up doing the same old things. How do you get your creative ideas?
Thanks,
Kim

I usually have some idea what kind of look I want to do in the morning. I may not have all the details in mine, but I'll know I want to use (say) Melody that day. I have 7 palettes (organized by color family: browns, blues/grays, purples, pinks, greens, reds/oranges/golds, and pale highlighter color), so I'll open up the green palette and then pick up the color family palettes (and any pigments from my pigment bag that look promising) that I think may be the most promising to pair with melody (like maybe the pink and blue palettes) and choose one or two shades from there.

If I don't have at least the beginnings of a color scheme in mind when I start my makeup, I look in my palettes to find a color I haven't used in a while and then build a look around that. But more often than not, I usually am in a mood for a particular color scheme (like last week I was in the mood to wear blue every day) and start from there.

user2

Thx I tried my best!
The scariest thing about it is that I just bought that second 15 pan palette and its almost full again....
ssad.gif

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitlizard
Thanks,
Kim

I pull out the two palettes I want to pair together and then go from there..Ie pinks and purples, pinks/blues, browns/oranges etc...My general looks consist of pinks purples and blues or neutrals/oranges

jpohrer

I put highlight colors in the same row, lid colors in the same row, and crease/contour/liner colors in the same row. It has worked great for me!

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
I put highlight colors in the same row, lid colors in the same row, and crease/contour/liner colors in the same row. It has worked great for me!

Wish I would've thought of that.

TIERAsta

i love the way it turned out. can't wait until my next trip to the mainland to hit up the las vegas pro store and get some 15-pan palettes of my own!!