My Prom Make-Up? (Dress Picture Included)

KaylaGrace

Since you were all so helpful to the other girl I was wondering if you would be kind enough to help with mine.
This is my dress;
16503.jpg

I want something, as the other girl said, to make me pop, but nothing crazy over the top.

brandi

my friend had a dress this color and she wore electric eel and print! and shroom
she smoked it out a bit but not tooo much...

chako012

The make up on the girl in the picture is nice! perhaps you can use a bright turquoise with some gold and black eyeliner!
Alternatively use some orangy colours
smiles.gif

Wattage

My sister wore a very similar colour dress to her prom last year. I used Aquadisiac on her lids and Vellum to highlight under the brows and in the inner V. I agree with Brandi that Electric Eel is a good possibilty as well.
If you want to go with what is in the pic, either shade will do nicely, but it looks like she has a fair bit of black liner on the inner lashlines of her eyes. Smolder kohl is a good product for this. Keep the bright colour concentrated on the lid, use a primer for sure (bare canvas paint is great for this) to keep the colour bright and in place all night. Nothing looks worse than bright colour that creases!
Since your eyes will be the focal point, keep cheeks neutral and glowing with a dusting of bronzer. Lips should be neutral as well - I would opt for a lipstick instead of a glass - more staying power on a night when you really need it.

Good luck! Post a photo if you can!

smiles.gif

depecher

I LOVE that dress but hate the suntan lines. I would suggest an orange shadow, maybe Lovebud or similar with Blue Peep or Freshwater liner. I am still drooling over the color of that dress. It's stunningly blue!
greengrin.gif

KJam

I would suggest a neutral brown smoky eye and a vivid blue eyeliner on the top lid - just a small pop of color

kaliraksha

What color is your hair? I think this dress is so ornate and pretty that you don't need much to make it pop.. I would go with something classic with a twist ... like a slightly smokey blue and wear great earrings to draw attention to your face.

kaliraksha

You have such shiney hair and greeat eyes... I would consider maybe something really pretty in silver and blues.. but still soft... because that dress is busy in a good way... and your features are so pretty that I would stick with something sort of classic and get pretty earrings (im a broken record! hehe)... and let the dress do the talking =)

d_flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
my friend had a dress this color and she wore electric eel and print! and shroom
she smoked it out a bit but not tooo much...

that actually sounds like a hot combo for everyday, i love electric eel!

KaylaGrace

So the big day is comming strong. June 17th. Sadly, I cannot make it to my MAC counter as its 3 hours away and that makes me soo mad but I hope I can find something that'll work.
What about hair? All up, all down, half half?
Ugh, I'm soo confused!

Ranjana

Oh Wow! What an amazing Dress... do share your prom pics - we'd all love to see how you look in this beautiful dress and make up.

My suggestions would be to go with shimmery pink shades as that always looks nice on people with dark hair and goes really well with turquoise/Blue outfits.

If you have longish hair you could just keep the hair down and have big bouncy curls and put it up on one side with a really nice bling bling slide.

Latest posts