My Velour from Inventive Eyes broke :(

maclay

(I hope this is in the right forum- if not, sorry mods!)

Velour in my IE quad broke! I didn't drop the quad or anything, all of the other shadows are perfectly fine, it just started by kind of separating from the edges of the pan, then chipping off, then just breaking! I don't really know what to do with it, and this has never happened to me before- I kind of want it in it's original quad, so should I try the alcohol method? I'm thinking I should maybe just suck it up and put it in a sample jar... I'd hate to return it, as I love the other colors and wouldn't want to see them go to waste. Or should I just call my favourite MA and she what she says?

Thanks for reading
smiles.gif

user2

It's pretty easy using the alcohol method just add some drops of rubbing alcohol to the e/s piecs in the pan and press it down with some cooking foil, let it dry overnight and you should be fine!

blueyedlady87

I have always been too afraid to try the alcohol method! I've broken two shadows. Steamy wasnt salvagable so i just replaced it. but Woodwinked i saved. What i did was go to a drugstore and bought a cheap little jar full of glitter or loose color and emptied it. Then i poured Woodwinked in, broke it up into very fine pieces with the end of a pencil, and Voila! You have a new loose shadow. Good luck!

libra14

My prose and fancy broke too. I did the same think barbie doll did. It works just as well loose (pigment style) If you don't want to do the alcohol thing, try this and maybe buy a pan replacement in a complementary shade for the quad so that you can still have a pallette.

mspixieears

I might be wrong, but was under the impression that Velour is actually a pre-existing e/s? You could take out the broken one from your premade quad and just buy a pro pan refill and stick it in.

Just did a search for it on the website - can't find it. Perhaps it's discontinued?

Ah - craptastic - according to SonRisa's wonderful list, it is DC. I'm sure it'd be available still, somewhere, and definitely in North America.

Latest posts