my very first FOTD

pinkyjolie

Hi everyone! I'm new here, been lurking around for a few days just admiring everyones posts. i've been tom boy basicaly my whole life and am slowly getting girly, never wore makeup before in my life except for proms up until last week. and now i'm wearing mac for the first time ever. i dont know how decent it looks compared to everyone else, but i think its quite nice considering i dont have any brushes anymore i'm waiting for them to come in the mail, grr.
so here it is, any suggestions to help me are greatly appreciated and welcome.
i used Golder's Green and Night Light pigments
Maybelline great lash mascara and unstoppable eye liner.
Bare Minerals foundaition in medium beige and soft focus warmth
and lip venom gloss that i had recieved a sample for a few months ago.

with glasses
Picture007.jpg

and without
Picture008.jpg

okay i stink at trying to take a picture of just my eyes, SORRY!
Picture016.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture028.jpg

and how do i get my eyelashes to not stick together and look all clumpy when i wear mascara. i hate it.

hyperRealGurl

So u never wore MU.... "I say u did a Damn good Job" u made a really great choice in the colors u used also.. the only sug i can give is to blend a little more.. other than that ur doing great... PS: hope to see more fotds from ya.. love to see the progress

pinkyjolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
So u never wore MU.... "I say u did a Damn good Job" u made a really great choice in the colors u used also.. the only sug i can give is to blend a little more.. other than that ur doing great... PS: hope to see more fotds from ya.. love to see the progress

thank you, considering i only used Q-tips i take that as a huge compliment. i hope my brushes come in tomorrow, i'm so antsy =D

Janice

Your lining is exceptional for a beginner! Very nice liner/color combo.
smiles.gif
You can buy a "spoolie" brush and comb out your lashes after you apply mascara. I also use the spoolie brush to groom my brows after I apply MAC's browset. My suggestion for you would be just that - focus on the brows as much as you do the eyes, it helps bring the entire FOTD together as well as frame & enhance those big gorgeous hazel eyes.
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

Great job!
Your bottom lashes are so long, it looks like you curled them under
smiles.gif

I agree with the brows, fill em in with powder or a pencil. There is a thread in the tutorial section on how to do them if your not sure.

A highlighter right under the brow would be good too. But I think you did VERY WELL! especially to be using only q-tips, i'll be scared of you when you get some brushes girl!

cindysilver4

You look REALLY good with this! I am excited to see more from you
smiles.gif
I'm a newbie too so I know where you're coming from
smiles.gif

lsperry

Such big beautiful eyes. Luv the color combo. It's hard to believe you're a newbie at makeup. I agree w/a lot of the comments. A lot of the time, I practice with different eye looks before actually wearing them in public. I luv experimenting! And I just can't believe you did such a great job using q-tips! Just think what you'll accomplish when you get those brushes!

Latest posts