N45 base help?

sitarocks

Hi so this is my first post and I hope I put it in the right place!

First of all I am so glad I have found this place as I don’t know if its just the Me’s in London but you never get real help here unless its super quiet!

So I have been using NC45 in SFF for a few years now combined with either pressed powder or SFP and I have had no trouble with it at all.
Now however it’s looking kinda orange and it’s not oxidation because it looks orange when I put it on, which is weird because it’s an NC so shouldn’t it be more yellow based?

I also use studio finish in nc45 as I have quite bad acne scars/hyperpigmentaion and therefore have to overload to get the flawless finish I am obsessed with! I have oily skin and have recently bought loose blot powder in dark which was a massive mistake as it is too dark for me.

So my question is what should I do?
About 2 years ago I had a similar problem and they gave me NC44 which was too light for me and I had to mix it with a darker foundation till it ran out!

I recently got matched to fresh antelope in Prescriptives which is perfect but a tad too dark and as I have back ups in all of my stuff in my fluid and concealer I am not too keen on just getting a new foundation!

So this is getting quite long now... Um do you think I should just give up?

ExquizitDiva

You may need to mix 2 foundations. I actually mix my NC45 SFF with NC45 Studio Tech to get the perfect match. And blot powder in med/dark works well for me.

milamonster

how long have you had that foundation? you siad it hasnt always been orange rihgt? well my mom once bought fashiopn fair and in 2 months it had turned orange. so perhaps this is what happeneD?

sitarocks

I think its more that it is now winter and im paler, but i went to the store and they used nw35 concealer and c7 studio fix which i got and it seems to be working as long as im light using my nc45 sff.
So if anyone thinks the NC's are too orange try a lighter NW?

MACandie2012

i believe that NC's are for yellow undertones and NW's are for more pinker undertones...
mac_addict.gif