Nail colour for fall?

BlahWah

While taking a break from working @ Starbucks over the summer, I fell in love with nailpolish again! (those working in food industry can't wear it for fear of polish chips landing in edibles). I won't be able to wear polish for more than four days at a time, but I still want to dress them up when I can. What colours (and the brand) do you love using in the fall? I like neutrals, but prefer a bit more pigment. Nothing too frosty and for some reason creams don't look good on me, but I'm willing to try if you highly recommend it! If it helps, I'm SF powder NC35...
th_dunno.gif
Chinese,... so some colours may clash with my yellowness. Oh, and if by chance you have a pic of the colour, it'd be great if a small picture or a link to it could be added.
greengrin.gif

TIA!

cindysilver4

I gotta recommend a new brand I've just started collecting, NYX cosmetics nail laquer. I can't find them around here, so I order online -- (Cincyfan on the forum recommended them to me!)

All the colors I have, I love. There are some nice bronze and gold shades, and some nice shimmery tans that would be great for fall. I personally love the dark reds too, but that might be too dark for you
smiles.gif
Well, here's the website, have fun browsing!

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Main_Pages/Profile_NP.htm

Selene

Based on the criteria you posted (neutrals with a bit more pigment, not creme but not too frosty, and looks good on asian NC35 skin), one color I would recommend is OPI Argenteeny Pinkini. It is a soft natural pink with a slight bit of shimmer. It doesn't take too long to dry, and it has good durability. Also, it does not show chipping too much, because it is a natural looking color. I couldn't find a good pic of it online; I'll try to post one when I have time.

If you want to see nail polish swatches and are registered at Makeup Alley (www.makeupalley.com), you can do a picture search; there are lots of them posted there. Also, another Specktra member, Cincyfan, has posted her very nice photo album of nail polish swatches. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=53175

BlahWah

Wow, Cincyfan's got a great collection there! MAC's Tiger Tiger caught my eye, but I only got a chance to skim through.

Thanks for the NYX suggestion, cindysilver4! The sucky thing is, I live in Canada, and shipping costs me US$13.
weeping.gif
And I just visited Buffalo and saw a whole wall of these! I didn't think of my nails then... boo! I'll keep an eye out for some colours tho, in case I go back.

As for Chanel's Black Satin, pumpkincat, I'll have to pass, at least for this year. It's too much pigment to jump into, and I'll definitely scare my husband.
lol.gif
It looks great on everyone else, tho (that I've seen on MUA, anyway).

Definitely checking out MUA, thanks selene - never thought of there for nail pics!

ohhhhhthehorror

Black, dark reds and dark purples are going to be in.
If you don't want to take the plunge and go full on black, I would try like a black cherry color, very hot.

user79

I think black nails just look hideous. Reminds me of Halloween or something and dressing up as a witch. I don't care if it's trendy or not. :p I like pure bold reds and coffee colours for the fall.

Selene

Another recommendation: MAC nailpolish in Fluid is a very nice fall color. It is a slightly frosted neutral plum, and it has great shine and durability.

poddygirl

Chanel Black Satin - it has much richer color than other black polishes (especially cheap ones) and has a lustrous sheen. Love it!! Thanks
ebay.gif

BlahWah

*lol* Thanks, MissChievous, for saying what I was too chicken to say! I can't do the black, even if it's in... what coffee colours do you use?

Selene, thanks for the Fluid suggestion, it does look quite pretty! I'll check it out in-store tonight. =D

CincyFan

I'm glad you liked my pics, I hope they were helpful. I'm a nail polish addict, my collection has taken over my office.
lol.gif

China Glaze came out with a couple great collections for fall with some beautiful neutrals. www.chinaglaze.com I have Soft Sienna Silks and Awe of Amber and they're gorgeous. There are online sellers that ship international and sell polishes for half of US retail price. The owners are very nice and respond very quickly with shipping quotes. www.8ty8beauty.com & www.head2toebeauty.com

NewOrder2.jpg

Also, for anyone that wants to browse polish pics, faintlymacabre has links to all the nail board member's photobucket galleries on her notepad.

BlahWah

CincyFan, In Awe of Amber and Soft Sienna Silks are right in the range of what I'm looking for! I'd rather a bit less frosty, but I can live with that for the colour. I'm definitely going to check out that site, thanks!

BlahWah

Thanks for the suggestion Nyx! A bit darker than I'm looking for, but it *is* an intriguing colour... definitely for consideration.
winks.gif

Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Thanks for the suggestion Nyx! A bit darker than I'm looking for, but it *is* an intriguing colour... definitely for consideration.
winks.gif

No prob, but warning, it's a bit darker than it looks in the picture above, even. But it's gorgeous, I love it.

Latest posts