Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

So I made more polishes this weekend, and I absolutely love at least one of these!
DSC00137.JPG

I took a few lessons from previous attempts and left the base colours much shearer, which definitely helped to show off the ingredients better.
I started with Shot Silk:
DSC00136.JPG
You can see the sparkles finally!

The next one was another good lesson - the white metallic mica is extremely opaque and will kill almost anything added to it. My last use of it was in Soulbound where it swallowed a whole tub of flakies without a trace. This time I started with the white before adding cyan powder to colour it pale blue - and it took an absolute ton of neon blue powder to get this subtle shade! I threw loads of extra ingredients in to help jazz it up and they too vanished without a trace, so that stuff is way too potent for comfort. Anyhow, I ended up with Just Breathe:
DSC00130.JPG
Not overly excited by this one.
Next I decided to play with metallic flakies in yellow and came up with Buzzin' Hornets:
DSC00139.JPG
The metallic was awfully stark alone, so I added some iridescent flakies too, it came out lovely!

I saved the best for last! This is a green to yellow thermal with a small amount of chartreuse holo metallic flakies:
DSC00133.JPG DSC00144.JPG
I absolutely love this! It's the first thermal that I've ever been excited by, love those flakes which you can see well in both states. This is Mind-Eating Troll... It's looking reversed in the transition pic - the yellow is the warm state, but I stuck the tip in hot water to get the pic.

Anyhow, I actually want to wear this one as a full mani soon! I am getting better at this making polish hobby and I can't wait to do more!

I didn't get round to my new mani though, so I'm still naked on the right hand and with the four I made on my left!

Anitacska

Wow, you've been very busy making polishes! I used to make some myself, but haven't done it in ages. I don't even wear the polishes I have! That said, I just bought 4 from HHC. Did you order any? I got the EdM, Pahlish (the pink one), Garden Path and ELBE (I've not heard of this brand).

Of course my nails are naked again, I took the polish off last night, but didn't get around to repainting them. I was wearing some older Glams lately, The Polar Express, Dancing Through Life and In a Flurry. Sorry, no pictures.

PearlyQueen

Wow, you've been very busy making polishes! I used to make some myself, but haven't done it in ages. I don't even wear the polishes I have! That said, I just bought 4 from HHC. Did you order any? I got the EdM, Pahlish (the pink one), Garden Path and ELBE (I've not heard of this brand).

Of course my nails are naked again, I took the polish off last night, but didn't get around to repainting them. I was wearing some older Glams lately, The Polar Express, Dancing Through Life and In a Flurry. Sorry, no pictures.
I remember you used to post frankens! I enjoy the process, I'm hoping to improve though!
I skipped HHC because I couldn't afford to buy all I want and I had a need for a few in my basket on RC. I was hoping to get Garden Path and Paint It Pretty but so far I've resisted. I like the pink Pahlish too. Elbe are another Brazilian brand, I haven't bought any yet though - I really liked their first HHC polish but nothing's tempted me since. I need to finalise my Nailland order this month and it's getting more difficult because they've upped free shipping threshold to 250 Euros (when I started it was 150, then 200). This makes it hard to spend the amount while keeping to the 25 bottle limit when you have "free" PPU ones included. I bought two from PPU in March but I'm starting to feel with the budget constraints I can't justify the price, especially with the Nailland issue. This time around I tried to finalise after PPU and found a charge, so I backtracked, started working out the maths and realised that I'd need to buy another 40 Euros of polish AND remove the newest order with the PPU from the consolidation, meaning another set of orders started. It's all making the extra cost at RC seem the easier option.
Paint your nails! Glad to hear your Glams have been getting some attention.
I shamed myself into doing my nails after I last posted, but the pics aren't yet uploaded so you'll have to wait!

Anitacska

This is really pretty! And nice sunshine too!
Thank you! That's not sunshine though, it's bathroom lighting.

I have another mani to share, it's Different Dimension Hubble. It was nice, but it had these thin holo flakes in it that made it a bit bumpy. Otherwise it's a nice colour. (Edit: not sure what happened to the picture, I've added it again, hope it works.)

20240325_135311.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

I have another mani to share! What??? This is KBShimmer Lilac Dreams (over Cupcake VNL Blur). It's prettier irl, it has a lovely pink shimmer and loads of blue flecks. It's also one of my older polishes.

20240401_114841.jpg

20240401_114848.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you! That's not sunshine though, it's bathroom lighting.

I have another mani to share, it's Different Dimension Hubble. It was nice, but it had these thin holo flakes in it that made it a bit bumpy. Otherwise it's a nice colour. (Edit: not sure what happened to the picture, I've added it again, hope it works.)

View attachment 71238
Love that colour! Couldn't see the pic until I clicked reply???

PearlyQueen

Here's the first of the last two batches of polish I made:
DSC00222.JPG DSC00223.JPG DSC00216.jpg
Anfield Sunrise
DSC00221.jpg
Spirit of the Age
DSC00217.JPG
Electric Tepee

I've done a better job of showing the components and keeping them a bit more transparent without leaving them too sheer! I really like the red and yellow ones.

PearlyQueen

And this is the second batch I made:
DSC00236.JPG
DSC00233.JPG
Amor Real
DSC00234.2.JPG DSC00234.JPG
People Like You Just Kill My Fire
DSC00235.JPG
Emerald Lies

I love the pink and the green (which is really basic - just green microflakes by themselves)

That's all I've made so far!

Anitacska

Current mani is Ozotic 505 (3 coats over Snow):
View attachment 71255 View attachment 71256 View attachment 71257 View attachment 71258 Overly similar to my last mani, but much shiftier!
These were some of my first multichromes. They are surprisingly very good.

I like your creations too, especially the green ones. Weird as I don't wear many greens.

I haven't put on a new polish since the KBShimmer. It lasted quite well, but I've taken it off now and haven't painted my nails since. Maybe tonight.

PearlyQueen

These were some of my first multichromes. They are surprisingly very good.

I like your creations too, especially the green ones. Weird as I don't wear many greens.

I haven't put on a new polish since the KBShimmer. It lasted quite well, but I've taken it off now and haven't painted my nails since. Maybe tonight.
I have been surprised by how much I'm loving the Ozotic - it shifts to every colour and is just really pretty! It's still going strong and I'm not annoyed! They were some of my early indie/multichromes too and I'm only just getting to wearing most of them.
I think my collection of many reds, blues and purples is just so huge that I'm in the mood for more oranges, yellows and greens just for a change! They're what I've been buying and making more of. I'm craving brights still, but the polishes I've been wearing have all been very dark. I keep feeling like breaking my self-imposed polish selection process to get vivid colours, which tend to be my newer ones. Old me liked vampy and moody more! I don't hate them but it's just not where my head's at just now.

Latest posts