Nail polish guestion

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
My new found obsession is nail polish and while browsing ebay I came across some interesting looking ones.

Mac Nail Lacquer Manicured .47 oz NIB - eBay (item 400001262141 end time Oct-10-08 19:03:37 PDT)
MAC Cosmetics Nail Polish-Supreme-NIB - eBay (item 180219599585 end time Oct-24-08 22:31:15 PDT)

Are these fake or the genuine stuff but just in a older version?

Hi
They're the older bottles. I actually threw 2 of those out yesterday - the batch dates were from 2000 and 2001 - not sure if nail polish lasts that long - mine were looking decidedly dodgy
thmbdn.gif

capmorlovesmac

I just threw some old nail polishes away too. They weren't MAC but a couple of years old and the ingredients already were a bit seperated. I would be careful with buying nail polishes that seem to be old. The seller just could have shaked them a bit so they look still good for the picture
th_dunno.gif

dangerousmuffins

Nail polishes are still very safe to use even after 10 or so years, truthfully. Shake them up and they are good as new. However, they might contain the Big 3 - Toulene, DBP, and Formaldehyde if they are indeed that old, so if you care about your polish not having those things, i would definitely b2m the polishes - not throw them away.
yes.gif